Mia, Stop!

It had been two weeks since Mia dropped Charlotte and Carly off at work that morning. While she was away she resumed her daily contact with Char, and she'd still check in on Carly from time to time. Everything seemed to be running smoothly back at home.

Charlotte had missed her girls. Between work and taking care of Carly, she didn't get to spend nearly enough time with them as she usually would. Of course she had managed to take them to the playground after school a few times when she was working the early shift. Then at the weekend she took them out for a fun filled day. She took them bowling, and out for burgers, followed by lots of ice cream. But it was the simple things she had missed, like bedtimes and helping them with their homework.

She was grateful that her ex had been so understanding about the almost two weeks where Mia was home. He knew about Mia and he respected that Charlotte wanted to wait a bit longer before bringing the girls home to meet her. She had recently been considering that it was time for them to meet, as her feelings for Mia were only growing stronger. But felt it best to wait until Carly was back on her feet first. One thing at a time. Instead of their initial care agreement, Charlotte's ex had agreed for her to have the girls for a whole week after Mia left. She missed her babies so much, even if they were a handful at times.

Carly seemed like she was back to her old self and thriving. She had been excelling in her assessments at work and was getting more confident by the day. Whenever possible, Charlotte would sit and have lunch with her just to catch up and make sure she ate. The other day, Carly told her about how she overheard a conversation between Reece and Marjorie. From what Charlotte could gather, Reece was practically fangirling over Bridgerton, and it sounded like Marjorie had given him a slap on the wrist after he went on and on about how attractive Kate is. It certainly sounded like an amusing interaction.

Charlotte reported back to Mia letting her know that Carly seemed to be doing just fine. Tackling each day as it comes, head on. "That's our girl" Mia would reply. Charlotte and Mia still weren't done worrying though. They had discussed how the young girl may be simmering, as she was still keeping things bottled up. The two agreed that it was wise to carry on checking in with her for as long as necessary, being careful not to smother her or treat her as if she were made of glass.

It was now Friday evening, Charlotte and Carly had finished their last handovers and were just locking up. "So, do you have any plans this weekend?" Charlotte asked Carly.
"No, not really! I'll probably just find something to binge watch and stay in all weekend."
"Oh, well I'm taking the kids to the beach tomorrow if you fancy joining us? They'd love to see you!"
"Yeah, that sounds like fun! Thanks, Char!" Carly exclaimed in excitement, she loved the beach and she always had a great time playing with Char's girls. The last time she saw them was at Marjorie's birthday party and the three of them spent the day hiding Marjorie's glasses in random places to wind her up. Carly was definitely a bad influence on them, but in the best possible way. After the girls learnt that trick, Charlotte spent weeks returning things around the house back to their original place. She once found one of her shoes in the freezer, very creative.

Charlotte had just finished putting the girls to bed, the house was tidy and there was wine in the fridge. So she poured herself a small glass, and relaxed into the sofa as she FaceTimed Mia. "Hey Sweetheart, I was just thinking about you" Mia answered in a seductive tone.
"Amelia Roberts are you naked?!" Char's eyes widened as she noticed Mia's bare chest instantly.
"I told you, I was thinking about you, Char."
"Mia, I have the kids tonight!" Char protested in a hushed tone.
"So? They're in bed aren't they?" Mia now had a naughty smirk on her face, and Charlotte was well aware of what she was implying.
It was unlike Charlotte to let go when the children were asleep upstairs, but it had been a long two weeks away from Mia. And the pair didn't have much opportunity for intimacy in the time Mia was last home either.

Charlotte and Mia eased into their FaceTime, Charlotte worshiping and writhing at the sight of Mia's bare physique lying there on the bed. Mia watched eagerly as her sweetheart followed her instruction, watching Char unfold in front of her was one of her favourite pastimes. Their breaths began to quicken in pace and were getting heavier by the second.

All of a sudden, Charlotte heard the pitter patter of footsteps coming down the stairs. Shit. "Mia, stop!" She said in a panic as tried to pull herself together. Mia had her eyes closed as she was nearing her peak, so she couldn't see the fear on Charlotte's face. "No, baby, don't stop!" Mia moaned with bated breath, completely misunderstanding Char's request.
"Mia. Seriously. Stop."
"Mummy, who are you talking to?"
Mia's eyes shot wide open at the sound of the little voice, questioning her mum. She immediately paused all movement and picked up her phone so only her face was visible on the screen.
"Just a friend, munchkin, what are you doing up?" Charlotte was now in mum mode. Damn it.
"Your friend is pretty! Can I have a drink?"
"Please?" Charlotte reminded her youngest, she was still getting the hang of her please and thank you's, but Charlotte was determined. Even if the little one was half asleep, she made sure to emphasises it.
Mia stayed silent waiting for Charlotte to give her some guidance, her face was flushed from embarrassment and there was a slight sheen on her face from getting so worked up. "Mia, I have to go, I'm so sorry" Charlotte said with a hint of disappointment.
"It's okay, Sweetheart, talk to you soon. I miss you."
"I miss you too."

Charlotte explained to her youngest that she was talking to a friend that lives far away and, hopefully she and her sister would be able to meet her soon. She filled up her water bottle and carried her back up the stairs, tucking her in and kissing her on the forehead.