Ishq 20

On the wedding day

kanika's mother opens the door and she gets mesmerized seeing Kanika. She was looking beautiful in the red bridal lenhga.

"Mom please come inside," she said to her mother.

She gets tears in her eyes." Beta like every mother, i had a dream of seeing you in the wedding dress and also I had a fear of losing part of my heart. But I am happy that you get a partner like Ankit he is a good person and will always keep you happy.

Sadness comes on her face. Mom I want to ask you something. What is needed to make a relationship work?

Beta , love and trust are the most important ingredients of every successful relationship.

Mom do you trust me ?

Yes beta, but why are you asking me this ?

Nothing mom, actually I had some confusion in mind but thank you for clearing it.

"Aunty , pandit ji is calling for Kanika" said kanika's friend.

" She is coming " Her mother puts kala tika on her ear. You are looking gorgeous my little baby.

Kanika comes in the mandap and sits beside the Ankit. Ankit looks at her and gives a smile.

Pandit ji starts reciting mantras. He calls them to stand up for taking vows. ankit's mother helps Kanika and they both get up. Ankit starts walking for their first vow but Kanika doesn't move a bit. Everybody looks at her and her father tells her to start walking.

" I can't do this marriage," Kanika announced.

Everybody present their including get shocked hearing her statement.

Kanika's point of view

Today I am getting married to a person who I love. i wear a beautiful red lehnga on my wedding day. Some questions were revolving in my heart and mind but after talking to my mother I got an answer to my every question.

I sit beside Ankit who was lost in his thoughts. He looks at me and gives a smile but I knew he was not happy inside. He was sitting with me but his eyes were searching for someone else. He was marrying me but his heart belongs to someone else. his body was here but his soul ?

As my mother told me every relation must have love and trust and we neither have love nor trust. I was hiding the truth from him so I was surely breaking his trust.

yes , I loved Ankit and I still do but I can't snatch someone's rights. I can't keep him in the dark so I decided to tell him the truth.

" What happened Kanika, are you okay?" Ankit asked.

Ankit I can't marry you. I don't want any relationship whose foundation is based on lies or distrust.

" What you want to say kanika , please say it clearly "

Ankit will you still marry me if you get to know that Priyanka is innocent.

Ankit holds her shoulder. " Kanika what are you saying ? Priyanka...is innocent..?"

look Kanika if you're lying to me then it's really bad.

Ankit...I am not lying to you. Priyanka never cheated on you. In fact she was waiting for you to come from Mumbai. But A few days before you came to Chandigarh, some people attacked her and her father. there was a person who wanted to separate you and priyanka and also he spread rumours about priyanka's affair through her neighbours by giving money to them.

Ankit puts one hand on his forehead. Priyanka is innocent...my heart always knew this "Kanika told me who was the person behind it." He said angrily.

Ankit's dad gets scared. " Stop making stupid stories Kanika , if you didn't want to marry Ankit then it's completely fine but please god's sake stop this nonsense." He said.

I am not doing any drama mr.gupta and you know this very well.

Ankit do you want to know who sent those goons ?

Tell me Kanika I won't leave that person alive.

Ankit, he was your own person , your own dad.

Ankit gets disheartening...dad? No...no Kanika you must have misunderstood. He can't do this to his own son.

He goes to his dad. Papa please tell me. What is Kanika saying right ?

He wipes sweat from his head. N..no beta this girl is lying.

Ohh c'mon uncle how long will you lie ?

Aunty ji please why are you silent ? you know everything since the beginning.

You're mother then how couldn't you recognise Priyanka's pain?

If I am not wrong she was also pregnant with ankit's child when that incident took place.

p.. pregnant ?

Yes Ankit , Priyanka was pregnant with your child but she lost her baby.

Ankit goes to her mother and puts her hand on his head.

Mom please tell me the trust.

His mother starts crying...I am sorry beta. I couldn't do anything for Priyanka and your child.

Hahaha ! My own family cheated on me. He falls on the ground crying.

His dad comes to him. Beta... "Don't you dare to touch me dad, how could you do this to me? you don't have any right to call me beta when you have already snatched my child. I will never forgive you Mr. Gupta "

Kanika comes to him and puts her hand on his shoulder. Ankit please get up and go to your Priyanka.

Kanika it's too late now. She has already moved on in her life. But I will ask her for forgiveness.

Kanika's father hugs her. I am proud of my baby.