Remember M'Dear's Roast?

Y/n: "It's so bright.."
I said rubbing my eyes. I sat up and yawned while stretching. My curtains for my window were already open with the sun brightly shining through straight to my bed. I looked to my side and saw that Shaka was gone, so I got a little nervous. Either he got caught by my mom or he left early so he didn't get caught by my mom, which is the option I'm assuming he did. Though, the curtains being open means that she's been in my room already because she always opens them. I picked up my phone and it said 10:37. I finally pulled the cover off of me and got out of the bed. I struggled down the stairs, and I could have sworn I heard voices, plural.... I got to the bottom of the stairs and entered the kitchen. My mom was cooking and I saw Shaka sitting at the table. I looked between them a little confused.
Candy: "Good morning Y/n. Look who I found in your bed this morning."
She said sarcastically. Shaka looked away awkwardly.
Y/n: "Uhhh yeahhh..."
I said walking over to the table.
Y/n: "He couldn't sleep so he came to see if I could help."
I sat next to him and looked at my mom. She didn't look mad at all.
Candy: "Well he was sleeping reallll good. Mouth open and all!"
Shaka's mouth dropped as I looked at him. I tried to hold my laugh but it slipped out.
Shaka: "Mrs. Candy! You're really gonna do me like that?"
She shrugged and walked into the pantry. Shaka just shook his head while I gave him a kiss on the cheek.
Y/n: "Good morning"
Shaka: "I mean it was a good morning until she outed me like that."
He said with a frown and eating some eggs. I smiled at him cause I didn't take him serious.
Y/n: "At least she isn't mad or kicking you out."
He nodded as my mom came back.
Shaka: "True...so are you still coming to the roast?"
Y/n: "Yeah, why wouldn't I?"
Shaka: "Well, your mom said that she was going to Roman's later."
We both looked at each other and smirked. They swore they didn't like each other at Halloween, but now they spend all their time together.
Y/n: "Trust me. She does not need me to go with her."
She sat a plate in front of me.
Candy: "And what's that supposed to mean?"
Y/n: "Oh come on mom, we all know y'all like each other. When I'm with you both I feel like a third wheel. Do you know how hard it is to make your own daughter feel like a third wheel?"
Shaka laughed a little while my mom awkwardly smiled.
Candy: "Well you do not have to go. I assumed you were going to the roast anyway."
She said shrugging and walking to the sink to do the dishes. I looked at Shaka with a smile.
Y/n: "There's your answer, in fulllll detail."
He playfully rolled his eyes.

~ Time Skip ~

Y/n: "So what color am I supposed to wear?"
I was on the phone with Shaka while sifting through my closet to find dresses that I haven't worn yet and wanted to pop out in at the roast.
Shaka: "I don't really know to be honest. People are wearing different things."
Y/n: "What color is M'Dear wearing?"
Shaka: "Aunt Grace, what color is the dress you chose for M'Dear..... she said it's green."
I immediately skipped past all of my green dresses.
Shaka: "Why does that matter?"
Y/n: "It's M'Dear's night, she's supposed to stand out."
He nodded. I was still looking amongst the dresses my mom had brought me in the past when I came across a really pretty solid black dress with little gold accents.
Y/n: "Uhm Shaka.."
Shaka: "Hmm?"
Y/n: "What color did you say your suit was?"
Shaka: "It's like striped black and gold"
He said distracted by something.
Shaka: "Why?"
I smiled.
Y/n: "I actually may have found the perfect dress..."
I said taking the hanger off the bar and laying the dress on my bed.
Shaka: "It matches my colors?"
Y/n: "Yes!"
Shaka: "Let me see!"
Y/n: "No, you'll see it when you come get me later, isn't that right Zulu?"
Shaka: "Are you asking me or telling me?"
Y/n: "Both"
He shook his head while smiling.
Shaka: "Okay, I'll come get you."
Y/n: "By the way... exactly what time will that be? I want to be finished and ready to go when you get here."
Shaka: "Well, they're saying that they'll bring M'Dear out at like eight, so probably like 7:30."
Y/n: "Okay...well I guess I'll see you then."
Shaka: "Wait, you're hanging up?"
I laughed.
Y/n: "You're not paying attention to me anyways"
Shaka: "I'll pay attention"
Y/n: "Goodbyeee Shaka"
I said hanging up. I started to collect everything I would need for my outfit, hair, and makeup. I put all of the hair and makeup stuff on my vanity and hung my dress on the door. I was about to take a long nap. I set my alarm for 6:30, it's about 4:30 right now. I grabbed a small blanket and laid on my bed to go to sleep. I wanted to be well rested for tonight, I just had a feeling.