21 - Night Street

A/N: I just ran through Ito-san's backstory real ass quick so I hope you've read the manga!!

_________________

We're back at Ito-san's house and he's showing us photos of his wife when Haruka  and I suddenly spat out our food once Ito-san showed us their one and only photo together- Haru spat out his tea then I spat out my cake-

"Gosh you two~ You shouldn't be wasting your food like that" We heard Tsubakino say but we just looked elsewhere, our faces red. I immediately wiped the mess we made and muttered out sorry's repeatedly.

"Wait..did that trigger your romance sensors?" Tsubaki asked then they started to tease us about it. Haru's face got even more red and he denied everything while I just looked elsewhere, ignoring what they were saying so I won't get embarrassed further.

'Tsubaki-chan's really acting like nothing happened huh..'

They asked us about how we saw the picture and Haruka was the only one who answered. "The old lady looks a lot like Tsubakino..especially when Tsubakino's talking to Umemiya.." I glanced over at Haru to see his beet red face then at Tsubaki-chan and the other's who looked speechless.  

"Huh- what? Oh gosh- haah..that's so embarrassing..! So uhm..Umemiya is a guy we know..I always talk about him remember? I've got a crush on him-" Tsubaki-chan started to explain while fanning out their face then looked over at Ito-san but paused when they saw that he was crying.

I looked over at Haru then at Ito-san then back at Haru, "Hey what did you do-" I asked as I started to panic because I didn't know what to do when someone is crying.

"I didn't do anything!" He's also panicking-

Ito-san started to ask if it really looked like that to Haru because he was doubting if his wife ever loved him or enjoyed her time with him all through-out their marriage. 'Oh no..I can see how sad he is now...'

"I always wondered how she felt..It never really bothered me when we were together..but now that I'm alone..those thoughts began to grow bigger and bigger.." Ito-san said as he looked down at their picture, he was frowning while he was talking.

"But if you really think that she looked happy...then..I feel like a weight's been lifted" He smiled as he ended his sentence, staring at their picture with a warm smile on his face. 'I want to hug him-'

"Uhm excuse me..can I ask something..?"  Suo suddenly chimed in and started to ask about what was the purpose of taking that specific photo. 

Suo explained that the plant in that photo was a Dogwood tree. Dogwood Tree symbolizes, (according to Suo-) "Brilliant Love", "Persistence", and "Do you think I'm indifferent to you" in flower language. Ito-san's wife was probably using that Dogwood tree as a way to argue with Ito-san's doubts of her not loving him through-out their marriage. 'Flower expert huh?'

"I believe she truly did love you and she was happy to be with you. I'm sure she appreciated that you adored fashion just as much as she did! Not everyone can find a man like that" I said with a smile, wanting to reassure Ito-san in any way I can.

"No one would make such a happy face if they didn't love that person" Haru said while looking down, his cheeks was growing red again.

Ito-san was quiet before he started to respond, "Thank you..thank you all of you..I'm really thankful..To think that, that was her way of arguing..She probably thought I'd never realize it..She really is elegant...I  could never compete against her.." Ito-san said, now smiling as he looked at us. The sadness in his eyes now filled with happiness as he realized everything.