33 - From the beginning, Hajime.

A/N: Pretty smart title, I know I know.

_________________________________

"I'm gonna borrow these two for a quick chat" was the last thing I heard before I got hoisted up in the air- Umemiya is carrying Haru and I on his shoulders like we were just bags of soil- 'What the hell-'

I was already surprised he could carry me...but the two of us?! He's on another level-

"Umemiya-san?! Where are you taking us-?" I blurted out as I felt my cheeks heat up, Haru looks flustered as well. Everyone is staring at us. 'I was ignoring you why are you showing up like this-'

"We're gonna have a nice chat up at the rooftop!" He exclaimed happily as he took us up to the rooftop with no trouble at all.

'He's not affected at all'

______________________________

We three sat at the edge of the rooftop, Umemiya just started talking about himself out of the blue...He's talking about his childhood-

While he was talking, we were just staring at him. His arms were stretched out behind him as he stared at the scene below. His hair was moving slightly against the soft breeze of the wind.

He looked pained when he mentioned his parent's death but he was smiling. The whole time he showed us that gentle smile of his. 

I knew he came from an orphanage but I never really thought about how he got there. I never expected it...to be like that. I felt like I could tear up.

He also told us how he met Hiragi, their relationship is just adorable-

I wish I saw how they looked when they were in their first years-

"Why did you tell us all this?" Haru suddenly blurted out as Umemiya finished telling us his story.

He looked taken aback before he faced Haru, giving him a soft smile. "Since you two got involved with Endo, I wanted to tell you guys how I started out everything. Plus, you could say it's my secret to share since I don't just say this to anyone" he said as he turned his head away from us.

"So you trust us like that?" I asked as I tilted my head up, looking at the sky.

"Yeah of course, I'm already so fond of you guys" He answered while still looking at something else.

"Umemiya-san" I called out. 

"Hmm?"

"You're..gonna win..right?"

".....Yeah I can't afford to lose" He said as he finally faced us. "Do you think I'll win Himawari?"

'I don't know. I want to believe that you will though. You're Umemiya afterall'

"Yeah. I think you'll win" I said as I smiled at him, he stared at me for a few seconds before he returned the smile. 'It's so weird when he looks at me like that after what he said yesterday..'

"He better win. We'll be handling Endo, he should focus on his opponent" Haruka suddenly said which made me look at him.

"That's encouraging somehow" Umemiya said as he started laughing, his laugh lifting up the mood.

"I'll go and train downstairs, you two can start your session" Haru said as he got up and started walking away. 'Hey why are you leaving me with him?!'

I was gonna get up and follow him but I got pulled back by Umemiya. I turned my head and looked at him just to see him already looking at me.

"I have something to tell you"