Chapter 57

As everyone who came through the doors have taken a seat as Christie and Nancy are lying in their beds all wondering whats going on as theres two Doctors and Sharon Goodwin. "I know that today is a hard one for your family and friends"Sharon says. "I'm not being funny guys but can you cut to the chase please"Christie says. "None of us haven't seen this before"Doctor Bickman says. "Seen what"Sean says. "These are Jim's results and s we've said we've seen nothing like this at all"Sharon says. "Please guys you're starting to scare us all now"Christie, Sean and Nancy all say. "Chemotherapy is not working for Jim"Callahan says. "What do you mean doctor"Sean asks. "The chemo drugs are having the opposite effect on Jim"Callahan says.

"What does that mean for Jim"Christie says. "Usually chemotherapy drugs kill the remainder Cancer cells but in Jim's case it's not that easy"Callahan says. "You said that you all haven't seen anything like this before Doctor"Nancy said. "Yes that's correct"Doctor Bickman said. "Jims treatment is killing him"Callahan says. "Are you saying that Jims going to die"Christie says. "Yes"all 3 say. "How come"Sean says. "The Bloods that was done is showing that Jim's allergic to the drugs thats supposed to cure the Cancer"Sharon says. "What do we do now"Nancy asks. "The rest of the family needs to know and prepare themselves for when the time comes"Sharon says. "Can you all do us a favour please"Christie and Sean both ask. "Of course all 3 say.

"Can you not tell anyone especially Violet"Christie say. "Why not Violet"Sharon asks. "Jims wishes"they all say. "You've got our word"they all say. "What about Jim"Sean says. "Theres no time like the present"Callahan says. "We need to let Matt and Gabby know"Sean says. "I'll text them straight away"Christie says.  "Hello Matt and Gabby this is very urgent and important if you get a minute before the funeral if Violet is not there please return this. Much appreciated"Christie says.  As Matt reads the message on his cell phone Gabby notices that look on her husband's face and immediately Gabby notices that it's bad news. "Matt whats wrong"Gabby asks. "My sister has messaged us"Matt says. "What does it say"Gabby asks.

"She wants us to call her before the funeral as Violet is not here"Matt says. "It can only be about one thing"Gabby said. "Let's return the message"Matt say. "Ring her Matt"Gabby said. As Christie's cell phone goes off and she answers it.  "Hello sis we got your message"Matt says. "Firstly how's everyone coping"Christie asks. "Mixed emotions I think"Matt said. "Don't mean to be rude Christie can we just talk before Violet arrives"Gabby said. "When you get back to Chicago theres something that Violet can't hear"Christie says. "Christie is it bad news"Gabby and Matt both ask. "Yes it is bad news guys"Christie said. "We'll let you know when we're on our way and we'll leave Violet with Cindy and Louie"Gabby and Matt both say. "Good luck for today"Christie said. "Thanks Christie"Matt and Gabby both say.

"We'll leave you to it"Christie said. "Tell Jim that Violet loves him"Matt said. "We will bro"Christie says."we better go Christie just in case Violet turns up"Gabby and Matt both say. "Thats true speak soon guys"Christie says.  As they all finish talking Christie finishes off talking with Doctor Bickman Doctor Callahan and Sharon Goodwin with my fiance and mother I can't help but feel something as my daughter Violet will be devastated  when her dad dies while Gabby and Matt who's carrying out Andrea to where everyone is waiting. Gabby Matt is everything okay"Brett and Antonio both ask. "Not really bro"Gabby said. "Matt we'll take Andrea from you guys for a bit"Lance ask. "Thanks Lance"Matt says. "Violet can you stay here please"Gabby says. "Will do Auntie Gabby"Violet says.

As Gabby Matt Antonio and Brett went back inside to trek Violet sits outside with Eva and Diego. As they all sit down Gabby and Matt who are crying their eyes, can't help being noticed by Brett and Antonio. "Sis I thought I'd be the first to cry"Antonio said. "We've just been told some bad news from Christie"Gabby said. "What's wrong guys"Brett said. "We can only assume that the bad news is about Jim Violet's dad"Matt said. "I'm soo sorry for what Jim's going through"Antonio said. "Thanks bruv"Gabby said. "Remember tho you can't tell Violet anything about this"Matt said. "We won't Gabby we understand Jim's wishes"Brett said. "Just remember tho that were all here for you all whenever you need or want it"Antonio said. "Thanks guys we better stop crying for now"Gabby and Matt both say.

Back outside in the garden Andrea has fallen asleep in Lance's arms as Eva Diego and Violet are talking about the one person who's going to be the talk of the whole day as Laura's two best friends Rachel and Sarah have arrived. "Hello kids"Sarah says. "Hiya Sarah and Rachel this is Violet our cousin"Eva says. "We are Laura's best friends from school"Rachel says. "Please to meet you two"Violet says. "What are you lot doing"Sarah asks. "Were drawing pictures to go into the grave for mum"Diego and Eva both say while over at the hotel Ramon, Camilla, Voight, Lindsay, Halstead, Olinsky, Platt, Stella and Kelly have all been awake for the last 10 minutes fall had showers and have put there scruffs on while they go down to eat there breakfast.

As they all walk down they all sit down together to eat. "Morning everyone"Stella asks. "How did you all men sleep"Ramon asks. "I didn't sleep at all"Halstead said. "You wasn't in the bed at all especially when as you sat out on the balcony"Lindsay said. "I slept in pats"Voight said. "I feel like I haven't slept at all"Kelly said. "Me too"Olinksy said. "why don't we get breakfast we'll all feel much better once we've eaten"Stella said. "I agree"Camila said. "Theres a big table enough for us all"Platt said. As Kelly Stella Voight Olinsky Platt Lindsay Halstead Ramon and Camilla all sit down when the waitress comes over to them. "Hello there we've got a wide selection of breakfast all for $8 dollars which you've paid for and drinks which you can go back for s many as you want"George said. "Thanks George"they all say.

As they all go up in three's or four's to get there food and drinks they all think back to what the days gonna bring them while back in Chicago as Sharon Goodwin produces some official papers for Sean and Christie to sign. "I'll go and get Jim and bring him down while you have a talk with the family"Doctor Callahan says. "Thanks"Bickman says. Now that Doctor Callahan has left and. "Whats these for"Sean asks. "They've got to be signed for off his next of kin"Sharon says. "These are signing Jim off that chemotherapy has automatically and is not working anymore"Bickman says. As the papers are on the table Sean gets a pen and signs his name on every sheet of paper apart from the last two in which is fiance has to sign them. "Thanks we'll get out of here and leave you guys to tell Jim himself"Sharon says. "Thanks"they all say.

While everyone in Wisconsin are getting their breakfast Doctor Callahan has arrived back upstairs and with Jim having just woken up he tells him. "Hello Jim it's good news you can leave the room and go back downstairs and join Christie Nancy and Sean"Doctor Callahan says. "Thanks"Jim says. As Jim is getting disconnected from all the wires and is helped by the Doctor to get in the wheelchair and leaves the room. 10 minutes later Doctor Callahan has arrived downstairs with Jim and he pushes him in the room. "I'll be back later"Doctor Callahan says...