Chapter 21 : Things Good Right Now

At the Kim Company building, Hyein hesitated to open the thick folder she had just received.

Typically, documents sent to the President's office, unless specially marked needed to be checked by Hyein first. Only after she had read through and understood the content could she present them to the President for review.

But the folder in Hyein's hands was from the Pham Company. She hadn't received any instructions on how to handle such matters, so she didn't dare to open it.

While Hyein hesitated, Minji happened to walk in. Although her expression was calm, an undercurrent of irritability surrounded her. Seeing this only deepened Hyein's uncertainty.

"President!" Karina and Winter stood up, bowing respectfully toward Minji. Normally, Minji would at least nod in their direction, but today, she walked straight past them without a single glance.

"What's wrong with the President? It's like she ate something disgusting or was forced to drink bitter medicine," Karina whispered to Hyein as the office door closed behind Minji.

"How would I know? I was with you all afternoon," Hyein replied, glancing at the folder she still held.

When Minji entered her office, she went straight to her desk and slumped into her chair. The words Jay had spoken still echoed in her mind.

Brought along 300 billion?

Only a month late?

During Hanni's childhood, she and Jay had been considered the golden couple, the default son-in-law before the Pham family's sudden accident.

Minji let out a grim laugh, unsure if she was laughing at herself or at Jay. What she did know was that, no matter what, she was with Hanni. As long as they were together, no one could separate them.

After a long silence, Minji gradually calmed down and began her afternoon work. She extended her right hand to retrieve the documents that needed her approval but then noticed the picture frame on her desk. It hadn't been there when she left for lunch. Her hand instinctively moved from the documents to the beautiful photo, which captivated her gaze.

The moment captured in the picture represented the happiest day Minji had ever experienced. As she gazed at the photo, memories of the sparkling lake and colorful flowers flooded back to her in crystal clarity.

"No one can separate us, as long as you're willing to stay with me." Minji's expression gradually softened, as if she had finally found some solace.

Meanwhile, Hyein remained outside, having waited half an hour to ensure that Minji would notice the photo on her desk. Finally, she took the documents sent by the Pham Group and carefully knocked on the door.

"Come in."

Minji's cool tone, her usual demeanor, indicated that the picture had successfully fulfilled its purpose.

With a sigh of relief, Hyein stepped into the office. "Boss, I have some documents that the Pham Group just sent." Hyein handed the folder to Minji.

"The Pham Family?" Minji's expression shifted to one of confusion as she looked at Hyein, awaiting an explanation.

"I didn't open it," Hyein replied.

After a moment of thought, Minji understood Hyein's hesitation. "Go ahead and set it down."

"Yes." Hyein carefully placed the folder on her boss's desk before delicately withdrawing.
Minji didn't immediately open the folder. Instead, she focused on the document she had been reviewing. Only after finishing that did she finally shift her attention to the folder.