Chapter 14

Cody is sitting on the floor writing a list of stuff he wants for his birthday. Charlie sits next to him. "Hey Cody what are you doing?" "Daddy said i need to write stuff i want for my birthday." "oh fun! what do you have so far?" "Clothes for Momo, a camping set so i can camp in the back yard and thats it so far, i cant think of anything." "youll think of something im sure dont worry." She pets him. "Im going to get everyone together tonight and we are going to stare gaze if you want to camp we can do that too! Do you want me to try to convince dad and Alastor to let you stay up?" "yeah!" "okay ill be back."

Charlie gets up and goes to the kitchen where Alastor is making food and Lucifer is taste testing the food. "will you stop!" Alastor laughs. "there isnt going to be anything left." Lucifer chuckles. "but its so goooood!" "Hey!" They look. "hi Charlie!!" "hello dear." "sooo can Cody stay up and watch the stars with us?" They look at eachother. "i dont seee why not, i dont know if hell be able to though Char. Hes pretty set on a schedule he gets super tired when its time for bed." "im sure hell be fine, oh and hes got two things he wants on his list." "thats it?" "He cant think of anything else right now." She leaves. Alastor and Lucifer walk over to him. "hey bubba do you want to walk around the mall? Maybe get some ideas on what you want?"

He jumps up excited. "yeah yeah!!" "go get your shoes on then silly." "okay daddy!" He runs to the door where he keeps them and puts them on. Lucifer watches. "if you see something too let me know! your birthday isnt too far away either." Alastor leans close and whispers to him. "i see something i like right here~" He pinches his ass as he walks over to Cody. Lucifer gasps and blushes hard "babe!" He runs after him. "whats wrong tomato?" Alastor smirks at him. "oooooo you!" Cody looks up at him. "daddy why is your face all red?" "no reason! lets go!"

They head to the mall Cody excited to see all the stuff there. Lucifer glances at Alastor. Alastor is watching Cody walk ahead of them. Lucifer notices Alastors eat twitching. He tilts his head. "Bubba away from the rode. "Okay papa." He moves away from it. They get into the mall. "Where to first?" Cody thinks "uhhhh i wanna go to the toy store!" They walk there.

Lucifer holds Alastors hand. "Hey babe are you okay?" "Hm? Yes?" "You're ear is twitching a lot." "Im alright im sure its nothing." They walk inside the store. Cody looks around gasping and ooing at a bunch of different toys. Lucifer and Alastor take notes. Cody runs up to a giant teddy bear. "Whoa!! Look papa look daddy!!" He points to it.

"Thats amazing!" Lucifer looks up. "That is really big." Cody runs off to another part of the store. Everyone in the store watches him his laugh becomes contagious and it gets everyone in the store laughing. Lucifer picks him up. "Okay goofy say bye." "Bye bye!" They wave "goodbye prince Cody!" The staff say at the same time.

Cody looks up at Lucifer confused. "Why did that call me that daddy?" "Because you are a prince. Charlie is a princess of Hell and you are a prince of Hell because i am a king." "Oooh yay!" Alastor rubs his ear a bit. Cody stomach growls. "Hungry!" "Lets get food!" They walk over and get some mall pizza then sit down.

Lucifer looks at Alastor worried. "Babe let me see your ear.." he looks at his ear. "Is it hurting?" "It was fine but it is progressively getting worse." Lucifer tries to figure out whats wrong. "I dont know whats wrong its a little red inside but im not a doctor." "Cant you heal it?" "Not if i dont know what im healing. Also ive healed you alot i dont know how much more your body can take of that." "What do you mean??"

Lucifer thinks and grabs some chopsticks from the Chinese place. "Okay imagine this is your body." He breaks them in half. "You get hurt but then i heal you." He pushes the chopsticks back together. "Then it happens again and again and again." The chopsticks get worn down and start to chip and break more. "Because of this quick healing over and over it wears the body down more and more. A body can only take so much of being broke and fixed." "Oh."