Chapter 21

TW TW

Cody runs inside. "Papa Daddy!" They hug him tight. "Hello our sweet sweet boy!" Cody giggles. "Did you know Miss Lisa has a super pretty singing voice?" "Oh yeah?" "Yeah! I had the nightmare where i relived dying and she sang to me!" "...oh bubba.. im so sorry.." Lucifer hugs him tight. Cody hugs back. "Im okay!" They kiss his head. "Im gonna go play!" He runs off

Alastor kisses Lucifer. "Okay i need to talk to Angel about that pay and then ill meet you up in our room." Alastor winks as he walks away. Lucifer blushes hard. "What does that mean??!"

Alastor hums as he walks away towards Angels room. He knocks on the door. "Angel." "It's open!" He walks in. "I can discuss that pay now." "Oh right!" He sits up on his bed. "Lucifer and i have agreed on 25 an hour. Same deal with Husk you get paid even if you dont watch him. That is manly because we have you watch him so randomly it would just be a hassle to figure out how much your pay would be." "Fuck yeah!" "And of course insurance for health, dental, vision all the good stuff."

Husk sits up. "What!? Why does he get insurance and i dont!?" "Husk you do have insurance. Do you not open or read anything i give you other than your check? It was with your first check." "....oh.. shit where is that." He starts looking around. Alastor sighs. "Youll get the card with your first check. Do you want to be paid every week or every other week?" "Uh every week." "Ill hand them to you or leave them in your mailbox." "Mailbox!?" Husk and Angel say at the same time.

Alastor pinches his nose. "Do you ever listen to me..? Yes mailbox everyone has a mailbox." "...oh..." Alastor blinks looking at Husk. "That has been where i have put your checks the last 6 times. How do you not know you have one?" "..i uh.. i just thought i didnt get paid because the hotel was having financial issues..." "FOR 3 MONTHS!? You didnt get paid for 3 months and did say anything!?"Alastor voice glitches. He rubs his face then he just turns around and walks away very glitchy static coming from him.

Angel and Husk look around eachother. "I think we broke him." Angel watches as he walks away. Husk smacks his lips. "Yeah. Yeah i think we did." "We should tell someone?" "Probably." They look at their mailboxs first. Husk gets his checks then they go find Lucifer. "Hey Luciferrrr" "oh no what?" "Uh we broke Alastor." Angel smiles innocently. "What?? What do you mean you broke him??"

Suddenly all three of them get a shadow creature come up to them then pull then to the common room. Everyone sits down confused. Alastor is standing there one arm across his stomach his head down as he rubs his forehead the broken static still playing from him. "Oh you broke him broke him." "Yeaaah..."

Once everyone is seated nobody makes a sound. Alastor looks up at them makes sure everyone is there including V who is petting the shadow that tugged him there. "Since we have a new person this is the best time to talk about what I thought was common knowledge. How many of you dont know you have a mailbox besides V?" Lucifer, Niffty, Vaggie, and Charlie all raise their hands. Cody doesnt. "How.. how does the 9 year old know and you dont?! Lucifer?!" Lucifer smiles big "i love yooou.. hehe.."

The glitching static gets even worse and he lets out soft a stressed and losing his mind laugh. He puts his face in his hands not knowing what to say. Everyone stays silent and very very still after slowly lowering their hands. Alastor rubs his forehead. "Im going to have a stroke." He lets out a very defeated sigh. "Charlie you own this place how.. how do you not know..?" "Uhhh i didnt know we even got mail.."

He hits his cane on his forehead. "Okay. Okay. Okay okay. Clearly either i havent been a good manager or or or y'all just haven't been fuckin listen to me every damn time i tell ya something!" Alastor has become so frustrated and confused that his southern accent has come out. Lucifer covers his mouth so he doesnt laugh.