Chapter 16

The surgeon walks in taking off his mask. "Alright, the surgery was successful. There were some complications. When we were cutting we didn't realize just how much it was infected, the fluid inside the infection got into his blood system and then got to his heart. His heart stopped for 4 minutes but we were able to get him back and complete the procedure. He is stable and asleep right now." "Can we see papa..?" The surgeon kneels down. "Of course he is in room 3408"

Everyone runs there they dont even take the elevator they think itll take too long. They run inside his room. Alastor is asleep his ear is bandaged. Lucifer smiles relieved. Lucifer looks in his hand. Alastor is holding the coin he found. Lucifer sits next to him. 'Hm. Maybe it is lucky?'

Everyone sits and waits for Alastor to wake up. The doctor walks in right as Alastor starts to wake up. "Good morning mr Heartfelt." "Mm..?" "You're still drowsy i know thatll wear off. The surgery was a success, you did die for 4 minutes on the table but we got you back." "Is that why my chest hurts..?" "Yep we had to do CPR on you. Other then that how are you feeling." "Thirsty.." "ill get you something to drink." He leaves.

Lucifer rubs his chest. "Hi baby." Alastor looks over at him. "I have a boyfriend.." Everyone laughs. "Baby i am your boyfriend." The monitor showing his vitals shows his heart rate go up slightly. Lucifer chuckles. "Hi baby." "Hi.." Alastor smiles big. Lucifer holds his cheek. "Cody is here." Cody climbs onto his bed. "Hi papa.." "Hi bubba, im okay dont worry." Cody lays next to him and hugs him.

Alastor holds him close. "Papa something is sticking out of your arm." "Thats so they can give papa medicine right into his blood. Dont touch it okay?" Lucifer gets nervous. "Okay daddy!"

Angel walks up to the bed. "Hey Al.." "Hello Angel are you okay?" "Why are you asking ME if im okay you died for 4 minutes..!" "Angel im fine, they brought me back there is nothing to worry about i promise." He holds his hand. Angel nods "i know i just.. i was really worried.. but im really glad you're okay." Husk puts a drink in his hand. Lucifer helps him sit up. Alastor takes a big drink then coughs. "Husk! Why was the vodka!?"

Everyone looks at him unamused Cody is worried. "What? I would want a drink if i was like this." Alastor is coughing he was very caught off guard. Lucifer quickly gets him water. "Here babe." Alastor drinks it and stops coughing.

Cody stands up on the bed mad. "That wasnt nice!" Everyone backs up away from Husk. They eye that looks like Alastor turns into a dial and the one that looks like Lucifers turns pure red. Lucifer smirks. "Why would you hurt papa!" Fire comes from his mouth. Alastor gently grabs his hand. "Bubba its okay, im okay." He looks around Alastor. "Come here." Cody calms down then sits in his lap and hugs him.

Alastor hugs him. "Im okay bubba really. "Okay papa." He sits up "i need to potty." Lucifer takes him to the bathroom in the room. Angel looks out the door closes it then opens a window. "Angel?" Alastor watches confused. Angel pushes the bed to the window. "Angel what are you doing!?" Charlie is concerned. "The man fucking died he deserves a cigarette."

Angel holds a cigarette out to him. Alastor hesitates but takes it, Angel lights up. Alastor smokes it near the window. "Mm thank you Angel." "Hes going to get in trouble!" "What are they going to do? Kick the future king of hell out while hes in recovery from a surgery they let him die in." Charlie opens her mouth but pauses. ".. fair point."

Alastor finishes it right before Cody and Lucifer comes out. "What took you two so long?" "My pee turned into a poo." Alastor laughs. "Thanks bubba im really glad to know that." "You're welcome!"

Alastor lays back. "How long did he say i had to stay here?" "Uh im not sure ill ask." Lucifer walks out to find the doctor. Charlie holds his hand. "Im going to head back to the hotel okay?" "Okay dear be safe." "Yeah us too."