۷: پہلاہ دن / First Day

------------------------------------------------------------------------

At dawn, Miraal woke up to offer the Fajr Salah. As she went into the sujood, she prayed to the Almighty to ease her difficulties. She has seen a ray of sunshine in her dark life. She wants everything to go smoothly from here now. And that's why, she prayed. Because she knew only He can fulfil her Duas.

After praying and reciting the Holy Quran, she walked to her closet. She picked out a simple yet formal white colored kurta with trousers. Her dupatta was multi colored. She ironed her clothes before checking the time on the wall clock. It was almost close to 7 in the morning. She needs to be present there at sharp 9.

She walked to the bathroom and took a nice show before brushing her teeth and washing her face. She had already changed into her dress and combed hed hairs. Knowing, she had ample time to let them dry on their own, she left her hairs open. She has already made her bag for the office one night before. She was over excited for her first day and didn't want any mishap.

As she descended downstairs, she headed towards the kitchen. But before she could make her presence known, she heard hushed voices. One belonged to her mother. The other belonged to Saima. She doesn't want to eavesdropped but as always curiosity got the best of her

"I don't know, bhabi. He doesn't listen to me. I've asked him so many times. But he never gave me a straight answer."

Miraal very well knew who was the purpose of that conversation. There were creases of worry over Saima's forehead. She felt pity for her phupoo. She only had one family member left off her. Miraal doesn't know why Irtaza was so opposed to the idea of coming back here. She never dared ask.

Nor did she ever.

She plastered a small smile on her face and entered inside. As soon as Saima and Almirah saw her, they both quieted down.

"Asalamuailkum."

Miraal greeted them. They both replied back before Almirah asked her

"Are you all ready for your office?"

A proud smile appeared on Miraal's face before she answered back

"Of course. I'm tip and top."

Saima chuckled.

"You cheeky little thing, come here."

Saima embraced Miraal before showering her upon thousands of kisses. Miraal laughed and she felt light almost immediately. She was happy, she managed to cheer her phupoo up.

"Oh, what a lovely sight!"

They heard a voice. Miraal turned around to find Farheen standing there. She was narrowing her eyes down at them.

"Farheen, aou aou."

(Farheen, come come.)

It was Almirah who spoke. Kiran only rolled her eyes before she grabbed a bowl and two eggs from the fridge.

"I'm only here to make breakfast for my son. My Zaid has to leave early for an interview. He's trying to help his father in the household finances unlike someone else."

Miraal knew it was on her. But she only remained quiet. She doesn't need to justify herself. But Saima had other plans

"Our Miraal is joining the law firm today. It's her first day there."

Saima stroke Miraal's hairs softly. She passed her a small smile. Farheen turned towards Miraal and eyed her from up and down.

"You've got a job."