۴۵: حملا / Attack

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dark against deadly. Rain against thunderstorm. Light against shadow. There was a contest of staring between the two men and the level of tension had raised the charts. Irtaza's eyes scanned Rohan's face for minute details familiar. Rohaan's eyes stick to his brown ones too. None of them backing down.

The tension could be feel in the air. Then, suddenly Rohaan's lips formed into a big smile. His face relaxed and he forwarded his hand in Irtaza's direction plastering that same huge smile over his face

"Rohaan. Rohaan Demirhani."

Again, a zap of familiarity passed through Irtaza's mind. But yet again, he failed to detect it. It was making him irritated. There's something wrong. He can feel it in his bones. Nonetheless, he cooled his features.

"Irtaza Haroon."

His voice calm but the hardness evident in it. Rohaan's face contorted into one of an amusement before he countered back

"Ah! You're the infamous lawyer everyone's talking about since few days."

Apparently, in the cooperate world, Irtaza was quite famous. He had heard rumors about him here. But he doesn't pay any heed to them. It was all quite normal for him. Irtaza only managed to nod his head. He was feeling a little edgy of that man. His vibes were disturbing for sure.

"So, how do you know Ms. Miraal here?"

Rohaan gestured towards Miraal who was standing just beside him at a safe distance. Irtaza's eyes connected with Miraal and he found her beautiful orbs looking straight at him. There was no worry. No hesitation just confusion. What is he doing there? She was thinking.

He turned his attention back to the man before him and answered coolly

"I'm Miraal's cousin..."

He stopped and a look passed over Rohaan's face. Then, Irtaza contained the remaining sentence

"And her soon to be husband."

A surprised looked passed over Rohaan's face and it was the very first time that he failed to conceal his emotion. Eyes widened a slight and his head turned in Miraal's direction. And then he saw the ring in her finger. The small yet dainty ring wrapped around her finger.

His eyes then connected with hers and she confirmed his silent question

"Yes. Irtaza and I are engaged."

Irtaza had a triumph smile over his face. Rohaan remained silent for a few while. Probably to absorb all the given information. Then, he schooled his features in a flash and muttered with sweetness dripping from his voice

"Ah! Ms. Miraal failed to mention it. But hearty congratulations to both of you."

Irtaza's eyes narrowed a bit but then he reverted back. He gestured Miraal towards him before asking Rohaan

"Can I steal my fiancee for a moment?"

The way he spoke fiancee sent a spark of defiance in Rohaan but he refrained. Now's not the time to get overheated.

"Sure. We'll be there at the table right there, Ms. Miraal."

He told Miraal before walking away from them. Arsalan who was standing there quietly watching the commotion finally turned his attention back to Irtaza.

"I didn't know you were engaged. But, congratulations."

Arsalan was a man of fewer words. And he was poor in casual talks. He wasn't interested in anyone's personal matters and he liked to keep everything professional and short. Irtaza nodded his head. A smile immediately forming over his lips when he saw a very small uplift of Miraal's lips too.