۱۶: احساسات / Feelings

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The moment Miraal's eyes look down at Irtaza, her breath hitched. He was much more mature looking now. He had a subtle beard over his face and his eyes more dark then ever before. His feature enhanced more and his jawline sharp. His entire personality screamed danger.

Yet, the smile on his face watching his mother walking towards him with a huge smile on her face was out of the world. He doesn't look like the person who would smile often. Mainly, because of his profession. He had to maintain a cold and heartless persona in order to win. Miraal knew it better than anyone.

Hopefully, in future. She'll be doing the same thing. Inshallah.

As Saima embraced Irtaza into a tight hug, Miraal watched both of them. He had gained weight. The last time she saw him, he was lean but now he's muscular. But still a bit lean. He looked like the unbeatable lawyer he is. She heartbeat increased when he pulled away from his mother and his eyes clashed with hers.

They were intense. She knew that he watched everyone like that. Like he's reading their mind. But still there was a flutter in her heart. She can't make sure of these weird feelings. She never felt these ever before. She had practically grown up in his presence in the house. She wasn't feeling like that then.

So, why now?

Maybe, it's more because she knew he's going to be her husband now. She had been thinking about the marriage since the moment she heard of it. Yet, still she couldn't wrap her mind around it. The thought seemed foreign and so out of her usual ideas.

He looked away from her when Almirah step forward to hug him.

"It's good to see you back home, Irtaza. Your mother missed you so much."

He smiled. His eyes crinkling

"And now he's back."

Zaid patted Irtaza's back. Zaid and Irtaza always hang out. Since, they were the only make cousins, they usually hang out often. Mostly, Zaid would take Irtaza out.

"You look thin, beta. Haven't you been eating there?"

Saima spoke with disappointment in her tone. Irtaza eyed her playfully

"I'm perfectly healthy, annem. Don't worry for anything."

Saima nodded her head but she stroke his hairs

"I'll never stop worrying about you. Come on. Let's go inside. You must be tired."

He nodded his head before they all make their way inside. As Irtaza entered inside, the nostalgia hit him out of the nowhere. The living room bore memories to him. He remembered how he used to spend time there with his family when everything was normal. And how they would all gathered around for sunday's brunch watching a cricket match or a football game.

The living room was always lively and chatter was always lingering around there. But now, it's all empty. No-one was there. It almost looked like nobody used it anymore.

"Farheen and Kiran had gone to meet their friend. Your mamu's are in office. They will join you at dinner tonight."

Saima spoke while patting Irtaza's shoulder. He glanced at her before he nodded his head. He's not a child to not know that Farheen and Kiran won't like his presence here. He knew how Kiran think that him being here would result in Zaid being thrown out of the company.

He seldom care about the company. Why would he when he had his own job and he's happy and content with it? He doesn't crave for anything else.

"You go and take a rest. We'll prepare lunch till then."