۲۴: آمنے سامنے/ Face to Face

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Irtaza exited Taimur's cabin with the letter and the files tucked between his hands. He saw Suleman and Hashim walking towards their own cabins. Not wanting them to see him, he hide behind the door. When he found the coast clear, he finally walked towards the lift.

He breathed a huge air before he clicked the button to the ground floor. Reaching the ground, he exited only to get stumbled into Zaid

"Irtaza, what are you doing here?"

He asked flabbergasted. Irtaza had never shown any interest in the business and he seldom visited the company too. So, finding him right now was a total shock to Zaid. Irtaza cursed under his breath before he replied back keeping his tone neutral

"I just thought it might be great to visit."

Zaid wasn't convinced a least bit because the confusion was clear on his face. Irtaza cut short the conversation not wanting to slip up anything

"Well, I'll leave. Have a good day."

Zaid doesn't get to reply back as he was already making his way out of the company. He walked towards his car before opening the door and placing the files on the passenger seat. He reared back the engine before driving away from the company.

Miraal was sitting behind the computer. Her mind was fixated on the way Rohaan shouted at her. He was acting weird. He looked distorted by something and it made Miraal more agitated. Maybe, there's a problem and he was trying not to reveal anything to her. But still, it seemed a little odd for Miraal.

She shook her head before commencing her work again. But her mind kept drifting off to that video. That man was strange. He was totally following Taimur at every step of that project. Maybe, he was send by someone who trapped Taimur in the fake case. She needs to find the depth of it. But she couldn't do it alone. She needed help. And Rohaan seemed the best help she could find.

But the way he reacted today made her recount her decision. Maybe, she needs to give him some time. But she got no time. She needed to do her work fast. She needs to collect evidences soon otherwise she feared that the culprit might know her tactics and she doesn't want to fail.

So, completing her work, she again pulled out that same CCTV footage. She kept analyzing the video trying to find anything suspicious. And then after alot of search, she was finally succeeded. She found that same man in Taimur's office. He was going through some files. She saw him stealing the fianance report that she found out was missing.

A surge of happiness burst out of her chest at the thought of her being right. She was going into the right direction. It brought a new ray of hope into her chest. She made few copies of that video and clicked few photographs of the same scene. She needed to show it to Rohaan. Maybe, then he would believe her.

She saw the time and it showed close to 5 in the evening. She was so engrossed into work that she didn't realize how much time had passed. She closed her laptop before working back to her original work. Gradually, things will take a turn for the better. She hoped so too.

÷÷÷÷

When Irtaza arrived back home, he was met with Kiran and Farheen sitting in the lounge enjoying the evening's tea. His mother and mami weren't in the sight. He greeted them out of respect to which they just merely nodded their heads. Not wanting to indulge into talking, he made his way to the stairs. But luck wasn't on his side that day.

"Irtaza, wait."

He stopped in his tracks before turning around and facing Kiran. She was the one who stopped him. He nodded his head asking her reason to stop him. She cleared her throat before asking