۲۸: رسمِ ہینا / Mehndi Night

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole house was lit by various beautiful golden colored ferry lights. The house walls covered in bright lights illuminating the neighborhood. The chehal phehal in the household could be seen and heard from a mile. Of course, they would be in a hassle. It was finally the day.

The day where it all will begin.

The day of new beginnings.

And some wild fun nights.

It was the Henna Day for Miraal and Irtaza.

More for Miraal then Irtaza. He had chose to join the function at the later on. Because for his defense, mehndi is for the girls. Although, he did get an earful on it by his Annem. But Irtaza being Irtaza knew how to get his way out.

The preparations were being done since a week. Things were going smoothly. After the threat that Irtaza received, he discreetly alotted security on the house premesis without anyone's attention. With the marriage such around the corner, he doesn't want to have any mishaps happening.

Especially if it involve the safety of his loved ones. He can't bear the thought of getting them even slightly injured. That will be the last thread for him.

Although, he tried to act all happy and cherry but deep down, his insides were burning in worry. Anxiousness being his regular companion. Arsalan and his teams were doing their absolute best in finding out the person who destroyed Irtaza's car and left that threat note. So far, they're still investigating.

It was chewing on Irtaza's soul. On one hand, his worries were right. But on the other hand, he was irritated because then he couldn't enjoy his own wedding. But he knew that he can't be reckless. It's a matter of life and death. And he had to be very very careful.

The girls got dressed up. Although, Nisha wasn't super excited for the mehndi as her crush over Irtaza refused her to enjoy any semblance of it but she still tried. Rumaisa on the other hand was full on happy mood. They both were dressed in a similar purple garara with green shirt and orange dupatta. Their hairs curled and tied up in half instead of the usual twists. They needed something changed.

Something significant.

Large earrings dangling down their ears. Wrists filled with multi colored bangles and gajras. (Flower bracelets) They were taking the basket full of sweets and flowers into the main yard where the function was happening. Instead of booking a venue, they decided to arrange the mehndi right in their backyard to give it a homey touch.

There was a makeshift stage on the very middle of the yard. A huge wood floor was set where a mattress was set. It was covered with shocking pink colored sheets where various colors floor cushions were placed. A decorated dholak placed in the middle. The entrance of the yard was decorated with golden ferry lights.

The lights were arranged in an arch way. Rumaisa and Nisha placed the baskets right on the table before the stage. Their earrings made a sound as they bent down to place it. There were arrangements of seating on either side of the stage. The backyard looked like a newly bride in all decorations.

"Ahh! It's so fun seeing such hassle and chehal phehal in the house."

Rumaisa exclaimed. Happiness leaking from her tone. Nisha rolled her eyes

"It's just a mehndi function, Rumaisa. Don't so be over excited."

Rumaisa huffed knowing Nisha's nature and decided to indulge into a conversation with one of a present guests. The mehndi function will be starting soon. It was already six in the evening and they had to start it at 8. So far, everything was going in full swing.