۹: فیصلہ / Decision

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mr. Haroon, will you please say few words to us?

"Mr. Haroon, how did you manage to win the case within such a short period of time?"

"Mr. Haroon, please look here."

The media was crowding him from everywhere. But he still remained taut. He doesn't say anything. He kept walking. He saw the car of Demir leaving beforehand. The paparazzi crowded him but he was quick to doge them. A smirk covered Irtaza's lips before he continued his walk to his car. But the media was getting out of control.

The security tried their best but it's like, there's no stopping to them. They were adamant to get few words out of Irtaza's lips. So, he stopped. Turned back and finally faced the camera. This time, his eyes weren't hidden by the sunglasses. He was looking directly into camera. Knowing that somewhere Demir must've been watching him.

"How do you feel, Mr. Haroon?"

An amused chuckled left his lips before he answered

"There's nothing more exciting to see the wrong getting his punishment. It was my pleasure to bring justice to my client."

"What message will you give to everyone, Mr. Haroon?"

Another reporter asked. This time, Irtaza looked straight at the camera and remained quite for a few while. But then, he stated

"Don't stop. Even when everyone says you to be."

With that said, he wore his shades again and opened the car door. The camera were still flashing and they were still begging for questions. But the driver finally managed to get the car out of the ruckus. Irtaza heaved a sigh. Today, was a day.

It's already early evening and he was exhausted. He needed a rest. As they reached his building, he stepped out and thankfully, the media there was controlled by the security. He was safely taken inside without the media lounging out at him. As he entered inside the lift, his phone binged. He checked it and found a single text from Ayse.

"Well done, sir."

Ayse was a young assistant lawyer who was interning under him. She's determined and passionate and that's what intrigue Irtaza to take her under his guide. He likes the people who are passionate about their profession. He replied a simple thank you before he reached his floor.

Entering inside the penthouse, he finally heaved a deep sigh. He placed his brief case on the table and sat down at the sofa. His head was throbbing. Cases as complicated and hi fi like that, always take a toll on him. Although, he's immune to it all. But being a criminal lawyer, sometimes things got out of hand and super messy.

He raked his hand through his hairs messing them. Then, he shrugged off his jacket and stood up. He needed a cold shower. As he walked to his room, he plugged his phone on charging before walking inside the bathroom. The cold water soothe his muscles and he felt fresh. Coming out dressed in a gray sweatpants and black shirt, he again checked his phone.

There was no calls from his mother. It was 6 here. That means, 8 there. She must be preparing for the dinner. Deciding to a take small nap, he laid down on the bed and finally closing his eyes. The day's exhaustion taking a toll on him and he almost immediately was pulled into the valley of slumber.

÷÷÷÷

Five and a half a years ago

Irtaza was sitting in his room. He was studying of course. Ear-pods were plugged in his ears and he was solely focusing on the subject in his hand. With one hand, he was writing the important points whole other was busy keeping track of the paragraph. He was studying for his bar exam.