۱۲: الزام/ Allegation

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ap ko khuch krna hoga, Suleman. Ye larki apna moun kala kraye ge aur iski saza hamein buhgatni paregi"

(You have to do something, Suleman. This girl will embarrassed herself and we'll have to pay the price.)

Farheen stated with disdain and hatred dripping from her voice. The night when she saw Miraal getting out of that lawyer's car at the late of the night. She was adamant to teach her a lesson. It was a golden opportunity for her to finally get rid of Miraal. And she has already started her work.

When she told this all to Suleman, he was shell shocked for a moment. He couldn't believe his ears. And he even disregarded saying that Farheen might be thinking wrong. But Farheen being Farheen made him realize that what she had seen what absolutely and one hundred percent right.

"I know. And I won't let another one ruin our reputation."

He spoke with clarity. Suleman always thought of Miraal as a sweet and a shy girl. He doesn't believe that she can be like that. But since the arrow had been fired, he needed to take a step before everything went out of hands. A triumph smile appeared on Farheen's face. She was estatic just by the thought of it.

Now, you'll know the price of coming in my way.

It was early morning and as usual Miraal got dressed for the office. She came out of the room and was about to head downstairs when she heard the agitated voice of Saima

"You always say that, Irtaza. When will you actually come here?"

There was frustration in her voice. Miraal had never seen Saima so worked up and annoyed like that. She always had a smile on her face. But then again, maybe it's a facade. Everyone in their family had secrets of their own. She can't be the only one holding them.

Deciding not to disturb her, she descended down. She walked towards the kitchen but before someone stepped into her way. She looked up to find Nisha. She was supporting a smirk over her face.

"Do you want something?"

Nisha only smirked wider.

"Nisha, please. Tell me what you want. I'm already getting late."

Nisha shook her head before she cleared the way out. Miraal couldn't understand what happened but she didn't pay attention to it. She poured herself a cup of coffee before she chewed down some biscuits. As she was leaving, she heard the voice of Suleman

"Where are you going?"

She turned around to find him sitting at the table. Having breakfast.

"To the work, Taya."

"You're not going today."

Miraal doesn't understand what he said. Is she even hearing it right?

"What do you mean, taya?"

"What you just heard, girl."

Farheen countered back. Miraal turned to look at her mother and Almirah asked

"Why can't she go to the work, Bhai?"

Suleman turned to glance a look at Almirah before he stated

"Few guests are coming today. I want you to prepare a hefty meal. Miraal will help you."

It was all so ridiculous. They had so much help. Why would they need her? It's not like she's always a part of their gathering.

"But there are so many people to help."