۳۱: اندیشہ / Intuition

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a comfortable drive. The roads were mostly empty as it was a weekday. Few cars were scattered here and there. But overall, it was quite peaceful. Miraal was gazing outside the window. She was still in her morning clothes. She turned towards Irtaza before asking him

"Where are we going?"

She asked for the upteenth time. Irtaza head turned to give her a fleeting glance before his focus went back to the driving.

"You'll see when we get there."

Again, the same reply.

"You've been saying that everytime I asked you."

She huffed in response. He winked at her before mumbling playfully

"Then don't ask me the same question, darling."

Her heart fluttered at the use of the endereament. But she decided to stay silent and just go with the flow. After a half an hour of additional driving, he finally stopped the car. She gazed out the window and saw a lush restaurant. It screamed bougie.

"Why are we here?"

It was a silly question.

"To shopping."

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion and he laughed.

"Oh c'mon. We're here to eat, Miraal."

A red hue covered her cheeks. He stepped out of the car and walked to her side and opened her gate. He extended his hand and she gladly took ahold of his hand liking the way her palm fits right into his.

They both walked inside holding hands and a manager greeted them.

"Welcome, Mr. Haroon. Your table is just right here."

He showed them the way to their table and after getting settled, Irtaza spoke

"So, do you like it?"

Miraal roamed her eyes around the restaurant. No doubt that it was luxurious. The chandelier. The expensive chairs and table. Even the cloth on them screamed money. But the atmosphere was serene. And she likes that. Alot.

"It's amazing."

She quietly mumbled. He passed her a small smile before a waiter came and handed them the menu cards. After contemplating for a while, they finally placing their orders.

"Thank you for bringing me here."

She thanked him. He only passed her a soft smile before he held her hand that was resting at the table.

"I like spoiling you."

She chuckled.

"Like the old times when I had a severe tooth ache and still wanted a chocolate. And mama was not allowing me and you sneaked into my room with it."

There was a gleam in her eyes as she recalled those days. She and Irtaza always shared a special bond. He was always a little close to her. If she can say that. He laughed. His dimples appearing and eyes crinkling.

"Yeah, and then I got a hefty scolding from annem, yeah."

She laughed liking how carefree they both sounded. Soon after, they're meal was brought up and they dig in. It was a flavor explosion for both of them.

"Have to say, I really miss Pakistan's food."

Irtaza muttered while taking a bite of his seekh kabab. Miraal nodded totally agreeing with him.