۲۳: شک و شبہ / Suspicion

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three days have passed since Irtaza received that forsaken letter. He wasn't in the right mind after that. His mind kept gearing back to the letter and the content in it. He still can't wrap his mind around what he learned in that letter. Taimur was clearly up to something very risky.

It had cost him his life.

But Irtaza wasn't scared of dying. Not even a bit. Rather, he was gratitude enough that his mamu thought him worthy enough to be able to solve this case. And he will do everything in his power to solve it and deliver his Mamu his much needed and deserving justice.

But the answer still remains.

Who was that shareholder? Where is he? Why the police didn't investigate the accident? Why did they let it slide? His mind was hay wiring. It was going in all the directions. But so far, he had come empty handed. Sure, he had asked his acquaintances to search for that scratch name.

He also started his own investigation. He was currently searching about the project on the internet. Since, it was a high end and multi-international project, there were alot of coverage by the media. Irtaza was hoping to find even a glimpse of that shareholder. Maybe, he was always there and nobody recognized him.

Taimur did mention that no-one in the company ever saw that shareholder. So, it might be possible that he was always there lurking around without their noticing. It was a very valid point and it would steer clear the path for him too to do anything he wanted.

Or he might even have an alibi. Such men never move around without having their alibi scattered around. Maybe, he could find anyone suspicious in the media coverage. With that thought in mind, he started to watch the videos one by one.

He analyzed every video with iron clad concentration. But he again came empty handed. He was getting frustrated. This man was very clever. He knew someone would dug around and he took care of it already. He slammed the laptop shut. His head was throbbing with pain. It was close to 1 in the midnight.

He didn't know how much time had passed since he sat down to analyzed. He stood up before putting the laptop on charging. He descended downstairs. He was in need of a strong chai. Truth to be told, he missed the strong aroma of chai. He loved the fragrance and the taste it brought. It was extra ordinary.

Sure he loved his turkish chai. But there's something about his country's tea that just hits the spot. He walked carefully towards the kitchen. He was aware that everyone must be asleep and he didn't what to wake anyone up. He turned on the light to the kitchen and decided to make tea.

But his eyes caught the sight of someone. Miraal was sleeping on the table with her head on her elbows. His brows furrowed. Why is she sleeping in the kitchen? He walked further towards her figure and saw that there was a notebook open too. Seems like she was working. Because there was alot of scribbling and writing on the page.

He closed the book before gently nudging her. Miraal immediately jerk away by her slumber. He took a step back and let her understand her surroundings. She blinked for a few times before her eyes locked on to him.

"Irtaza?"

She asked. Sleep still in her eyes. He nodded his head.

"Why are you sleeping here, Miraal?"

He asked while leaning his arms on the table. She blinked back before answering

"I was working. But I didn't realize when I dozed off."

He nodded his head.

"Figured that much."

She hummed in response before her eyes fell on the closed notebook. She picked it up before standing up.