۱۱: شک/ Doubt

------------------------------------------------------------------------

She was getting dressed for the day. It was almost 8 in the morning and it was pretty early for her to leave. But today, she has to leave for office early because today's been the first day, she's been going to officially starting work on her father's case. The moment Rohaan suggested that he can help her in the case, she was delighted.

Although, she refused at first because she wasn't sure he would just help her like that. But then, he insisted and that's all it takes for her to agree. I mean that what's she was hoping for since the very beginning. She wanted to reopen her father's case. And with Rohaan's help, she had no doubt that it would be successful.

He was a talented lawyer and he knew her father too. He will do his best in making sure that he reached his justice. So, Miraal grabbed all the necessary documents and the evidences that she collected over the course of period and placed them neatly in her bag. She grabbed her phone and exited the room.

She reached the dining hall and found Kiran and Farheen sitting there. Saima and Almirah had left for the Orphange. They wanted to take breakfast for the children there and spend some time with them. Usually, Miraal also go with them. She loves being around children and it did help to motivate her mind too.

Their innocent laughs and lively smiles brighten up Miraal's mood always. She's never leave Orphange without feeling like a burden had been lifted off her shoulders. But today, was an exception. She had a bigger task at hand right now.

"Asalamuailkum!"

She greeted as matter of her routine. As usual, Kiran and Farheen only rolled their eyes at her. Miraal doesn't pay any heed to them and walked inside the kitchen. As she prepared herself a toast, Rumaisa walked inside.

"Hey, how are you?"

She asked. Miraal looked up before passing a slice in her direction. Rumaisa grabbed it before taking a bite out of it.

"Just heading out for the office."

Rumaisa nodded her head.

"Can you help me in my math's assignment? I have a serious issue in one problem and I couldn't seem to solve it. Can you help me right now?"

Miraal was always up to help Rumaisa whenever she needed her help. But she was already getting late today. So, she answered back

"I'm so sorry, Rumaisa. But I'm getting late. Can I help you after at evening?"

Rumaisa nodded her head.

"Han han. Ab to tum kahan meri beti ki madad kroge. Itne bare firm mae jo nokri mil gaye ha, tumhen."

(Yes, yes. Why would you help my daughter now? You've got a job in such a big firm.)

The sizzling voice of Kiran reached Miraal's ears. Rumaisa and she both turned around to find her standing at the footstep of the kitchen. Miraal didn't want to indulge in unnecessary argument. But Rumaisa was quick to shut down any future argument

"Ammi, it's totally ok. It's not like I have to submit it today."

Miraal passed a reassuring glance in her direction. But Kiran only rolled her eyes more

"Forget it, beta. Zaid will help you. You don't have to beg someone else."

With that said, she left. Rumaisa turned to Miraal and gave her an apologizing look. Miraal only shook her head. Already immune to all of it. Rumaisa exited the kitchen and Miraal hurriedly ate her breakfast before another fiasco could happen.

÷÷÷÷

Reaching the office, Miraal found little to no workers. Since, it was pretty early, no-one had arrived yet. There were fewer workers there and they were only limited to the ground or the first floor. Miraal reached her floor before she walked inside her cabin. She slammed all the stuff on the table before sitting down at the chair.