۳۲: ساز بازی / Manipulation

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm sorry I failed at my job."

A very scared and timid voice could be heard in the dead of the night. The man no longer than 5'4 sitting at a chair. His legs bouncing in fear or anticipation. He can't be sure. He didn't hear any word from the other side. The man before him silent and steady.

This only add more to his fear. Silence is deadly.

"I..I pro...promise it won't happen again."

He managed to stutter. Fear of death dancing in his eyes. The man before him only sighed. A heavy sigh in the dead of the night. He leaned forward putting his face into the light. His eyes looked absolute furious. Red covering them.

"But you did manage to scare them?"

He asked. His voice a calm before the storm.

The man violently nodded his head. Hoping for his life to be spared. A dark smirk came over his lips as he leaned back on his spot. Hiding his figure from the light yet again.

"I'm in a great mood. You're spared."

It was like a relief damn washed over the man's face and he breathed a sigh of pure relief. But it was short lived because the next words shook him

"But that doesn't mean you won't get punished..."

He left the sentence hanging. Whatever hope glittered in his chest, died the instant. Fear of death crippling him yet again.

"I...I..."

He couldn't form a sentence. The man before him puffed out a smoke out of his cigarette before quietly saying

"You're not allowed to see or talk to your wife. If I ever find you sneaking in to meet or talk to her, it won't be good for you. You love you wife so much, right?"

There was an underlying threat in his voice. A threat he understood all to well.

"I won't. I'll do whatever you say."

A dark glint danced in his eyes at the sentence before he motioned him

"Now get out of my sight before I change my mind."

The man doesn't need to be told twice. He ran away in seconds. A dark chuckled resonated into the dead atmosphere. The man amused by the sheer display of cowardice presented. He leaned back on his chair. Eyes at the ceiling. He puffed another blow of smoke.

It wasn't easy getting off the radar of him. A shrill sound of his phone went off. He picked it up from the table and as he saw the Id, he picked it up.

"I hope you managed to do what I have asked?"

Another gruff voice came from the other side. It was probably of an older man. Like someone to be in his mid sixties or early seventies.

"You know I already."

The man answered. Annoyed at the fact that he had to ask him. He was a man of word. Whenever he got a task, he finished. By nook or crook.

"You need to he cautious. I know that lawyer pretty well. If he set his eyes at something, he would stop at nothing to achieve his goal."

A humorous chuckle left his lips. The irony.

"Speaking from experience?"

He couldn't help but taunt the person at the other side. He heard him taking a sharp intake of breath before his angry voice came through

"Don't underestimate him. The key to succession is to never belittle your enemy."

He rolled his eyes.