We couldn't lose them

MIA'S POV -

I was out in town. It was around 2AM when me and my friend Izzy decided to sit down as we were walking all day. Two men walk past us smelling of cigarettes.

"Excuse me do you have a cigarette?"

They look at us and then look back at eachother. They sit next to us and they couldn't speak English that well. One of the men gives me half of the cigarette he was smoking. I know it was stupid but I took it and lit it up. Me and Izzy took it in turns having a drag. One of them taps me on my thigh.

"My friend says your beautiful"

I was took back in shock. Was something going to happen?

They then asked us if we like drinking alcohol. We were stupid and said yes because we did enjoy drinking alcohol. We get up and start walking with them following behind. They catch up to us and offer to go into a pub to try get us a Corona. They come out of a pub empty handed. A part of me was disappointed but glad that they didn't have anything. I could see fear in Izzy's eyes as she hasn't experienced anything like this but for me it was the norm. I guess older men were always attracted to me for some reason.

"Excuse me could you buy me a vape? The flavour in mine is going weak and I need a new one" I ask

They happily agree and when we're walking to the shop we see people dressed in costumes. It was a week before Halloween so people were dressed up and drinking. Halloween was on a Monday this year so it made sense. We see someone dressed in a unicorn blow up costume and another in a pumpkin. We run up to them and ask them for a picture. One of the men offered to take the picture for us. We agreed to it but he pulled out his phone and took it on his. Now I was getting the creeps.

We spoke to the people and then we walked off to the shop. I go in with the man and he pulled his wallet out. He had cash. And I don't mean cash. I meant CASH. He was minted. He pulls out a £20 note and gives it to the cashier. I point to the vape I wanted. It was a 3500 puff elux. The flavour was lady pink. He paid and we headed out to my friend and the other man. We tell them that we have to go home now and start walking off.

They were following behind us. We started running for our lives and that's when Izzy told me that the man wanted us to go back to theirs tonight. The chase lasted forever.

We went through allyways and up stairs. We couldn't lose them. They always spotted us. We thought we lost them at some point and started going back to a normal pace. That's when we look down the rows and see them. One of the men points at us and we start running. They went up one flight of stairs and we went down the other flight. We found a place to sit outside a club.

A woman comes out and sees the panic in my friends eyes.

"Are you two alright?" She says, her voice full of concern.

Izzy speaks. She would always tell someone something if they asked.

"No there's two men following us and won't leave us alone, my friend was having a laugh and asked them for a fag and that's how everything started, they've tried to get us alcohol and we've been running for ages"

I start bouncing my leg because what if the woman was going to blame us for this happening?

She sits next to us and she turns to me.

"Are you okay? Have they done anything to you? You're bouncing your leg"

"Yeah I'm fine just abit shaken up because of you knowing that something's going on"

She looks at me and gives me a sorry look.

"Don't worry it's not your fault how about we go up there and sit there"

We agree and that's when the men come over.

The woman asks us if these were the men and we nod.

She starts screaming at the two men telling them to leaves us alone and all they could say is that they weren't going to do anything to us.

She tells them to back off and was about to swing before her boyfriend came down and pulled her back.

We walk up the stairs onto the rows and we sit outside the club she was at.

"I'll be back in a minute I promise I'll come back, here have my cardigan so you know I will I'm not leaving you two here like this"

She walks off and goes into the club after 20 minutes she comes back out.

Izzy tells her how the men came up and tried to drag us along with them. The women then tells her friends what had happened and they all come over and starts comforting us. Izzy was close to tears so one of the females give her a hug and tell her how everything's going to be alright.

Another woman was rubbing my back. I felt sick. It was my fault. If I didn't ask them for a cigarette we wouldn't be in this situation.

They pay for a taxi for us and we get home.

I haven't seen that women since that night.

I wonder how she is.