soul tied

- 2 years later

Mia's POV -

After 2 years of 'i love yous' kisses,hugs,gifts and love notes, me and Charlotte decided it'll be easier to part ways.

As much as I don't want to let her go, I have to. Yes it's a mutual decision (me more than her)

I want to get out there and experiment with people in college and if me and Char are meant to be we'll find our way back eachother. Hopefully we do. I'm grateful for all the time we spent with eachother and it's really helped me grow as a person.

I'll always love her and have a soft spot for her. For my first WLW relationship I'm surprisingly not as hurt as I thought I'd be.

Every gift she had bought me is locked in a box underneath my bed.

I play my music and tidy my room around.

Call my name - Cheryl

I start dancing around to the song while throwing all my dirty clothes into the washing basket.

I see some old clothes of mine I don't wear so I put them all in a bag for Aria, she normally copies or robs my clothes anyway so I might as well give them to her.

Secret Love Song PT. II - little mix.

This song makes me sob, I remember this song was playing in my airpods when I came out to my mum and she didn't accept me. All I can do this think about Charlotte with this song playing. She was the one who comforted me and let me cry in her arms every single night when my mum said she felt disgusted by me.

I grab the box from under neath my bed and look at everything.

And I mean everything.

Photos, dead flower petals, teddies, jewellery and what not.

Yes I kept the dead flower petals. It always reminds me that I had a girlfriend who cared and still does care for me. I still care for her.

If I saw her crying and she said someone hurt her I'd commit murder.

We're great friends, I just wish we didn't have that argument.

I look at the photos and there it is, the very first picture we took as a couple.

The mirror picture where she's sat on my thigh hiding her face behind the phone.

A small smile creeps onto my face.

I really was and still am lucky.

Charlotte is still in my life, we're not close but she knows she can always come to me whenever she needs a shoulder to cry on. We still message eachother saying hi and asking about each others day. I've told her that I miss her many times and so has she.

Things take time, I'm being patient.

She'll come back whenever the universe knows that it's time.

Me,Autumn,Charlotte,Marjorie, Reece and Winter are all going to the same college. So I have their support. I've been thinking about making friends in my business course. I know Charlotte,Autumn and Marjorie are taking a child care course so they have eachother. I have Reece in my course. It's so strange knowing the friend group is slowly but surely falling apart now that we're all growing up.

Me,Autumn and Reece are still as close as ever. We don't talk very often but when we do we tell eachother everything. Us three are still trying to let ourselves loose and let people see the real us - the trauma makes it hard.

Charlotte helped me with the trauma. She was always there to comfort me whenever I needed it. Fuck I miss her.

I throw everything back in the box and lock it back up. I slide it underneath my bed right at the back so I don't get the urge to open it again.