blood,sweat & tears

Mia's POV -

I notice the blood dripping down Charlotte's face, I run to the kitchen and get some paper towels. I get back into the living room and wipe the blood off her while applying a bit of pressure.

M - "I'm so fucking sorry Charlotte oh my god"

C - "it's fine"

M - "it's because you told me to calm down"

C - "I'm a girl to so I understand why you got mad"

I get my hoodie off the table and slide it onto Charlotte's body. I wipe her mascara off her face, I can feel the sweat dripping off her.

M - "you're sweating Char take the hoodie off"

C - "no it's actually really comfy"

M - "do I need to wrestle you out of it?"

She doesn't give me a response. I pick her up and carry her to the bathroom.

M - "I'll clean you up properly"

I get a face cloth and wash all her makeup off, her freckles are so pretty. We lock eyes and I can just about tell that she's smiling.

M - "pretty smile"

C - "Mia did you really mean what you said?"

M - "what do you mean?"

C - "that you've got the same feelings as me?"

M - "of course I meant that Charlotte"

I put my arm around her back so she doesn't fall backwards, she's sat on the bathtub and I'm panicking that she's going to fall. I finish getting all her makeup off so now she's bare face.

M - "god you're pretty, fancy spending the night?"

C - "sure but I'll go home as soon as I wake up because I hate it when I'm awake and have morning breath"

M - "you've just reminded me to brush my teeth and don't worry sweetheart there's a pack of toothbrushes in the cabinet there"

I start to brush my teeth and feel Charlotte's arms around me. I try my hardest to not smile but I just can't help it.

M - "Char stand in front of me I can't see your face you're too small"

I bend down and get a toothbrush out the cabinet.

M - "here"

I hand her the toothbrush and she gets Infront of me, this time my hands are on her waist. I spit the foam out my mouth making sure to not accidentally spit on Charlotte.

M - "once again I'm sorry for the way I acted towards you before"

Charlotte speaks but all I can hear is muffled words.

M - "spit before you speak"

She spits and washes her mouth out.

C - "I said it's fine I know you didn't mean it"

I rest my head on-top of hers and she starts smiling.

M - "such a pretty smile for a pretty girl"

I get the same cloth I used to wipe her makeup off and swipe away the toothpaste that she had got all around her mouth. We both make eye contact in the mirror, Charlotte starts laughing and so do I. Not because it's funny but because her laugh is contagious.

M - "let's get you to bed then"

C - "Mia it's only 11 and do you have any food?"

M - "what do you want?"

C - "pizza!"

M - "dominoes it is then"

I take her hand and lead her down to the kitchen. I open the just eat app on my phone and ask her what pizza she wants. Pepperoni. Not surprised. I order some chips and cookie dough ice cream for us to share later. I pick her up and set her down on the counter top. She's now just about taller than me.

I'm 5"7 whereas she's bang on 5"0

C - "you'd make a great girlfriend"

C - "OH MY GOD YOU'RE BLUSHING!!!"

M - "shut it, I bet you'd make a good girlfriend to"

I look down at the floor and Charlotte lifts my chins back up.

10 minutes goes by and while we're in the middle of talking there's a knock at the door. Charlotte jumps down from the counter and runs straight to the door, I follow after her.

M - "heyyyy"

Charlotte takes the food while I thank the delivery man. I close the door and head back into the kitchen. Charlotte looks like she's in a mood.

C - "he was eyeing you up and down"

M - "and?"

She opens up the chips and starts eating them.

C - "I didn't like it"

M - "cmon it's not like I was flirting with him, you're also cute when you're jealous"

C - "well I don't like how everyone eyes you up and down like an object"

M - "I'm fine with it, it doesn't really cause me any harm"

C - "well you deserve better than that you deserve someone who respects you"

M - "I've got you haven't I?"

She looks at me and smiles.

M - "SAVE SOME CHIPS FOR ME"

God she's scoffing these chips down her. I quickly take some so I won't starve to death. Our laughs fill the kitchen up, you can here it echo.

M - "wanna go in the living room so we can actually sit down?"

C - "yup coming now"

M - "put the ice cream in the freezer"

C - "yes ma'am"

M - "no time for jokes Charlotte"

I go to the living room and set the sofas up so we can be comfy, I throw an insane amount of blankets and pillows on there. I jump onto the sofa while Charlotte walks in with the food. She gets right next to me and puts her head on my shoulder.

I rob a slice of pizza while she isn't looking and manage to eat it in the space of 10 seconds.

She turns back around and I grab the TV remote. I go into netflix and put Derry Girls on.

C - "really Derry Girls?"

M - "yup"

C - "there's a slice of pizza missing"

M - "uhmmmmm"

C - "Mia!"

M - "I'm hungry okay"

She smiles at me and puts her head back on my shoulder.

M - "Char I really do like you"

C - "why don't we just get together then? Whose stopping us? Noone."

M - "well Charlotte there is one person"

Her face drops, she looks defeated.