Light From A Sidewalk Encounter Part 2

Hello everyone, I'm sorry I didn't update last Friday. I was busy with family stuff, and I haven't really had any ideas for chapters lately, so I decided to write a part 2 of Light From A Sidewalk Encounter since I couldn't think of any new ideas, if you guys would please give me some chapter ideas down in the comments below that would be nice, I've also thought of doing more on the Beast AU as well since you guys liked the chapter "Yes... Boss" which is in the Beast AU, again if you guys would please leave some chapter ideas in the comments I would really appreciate it.

Ship - Ranpo

AU - Modern/No Abilities

Includes - Fluff, Mentions Of Abuse, Mention Of Toxic Relationship

"A few months later"

Ranpo woke up this morning to the sunlight streaming through the curtains of his bedroom, a sense of peace he hadn't felt in a long time washing over him. He stretched, Ranpo smiled going through memories of him hanging out with Poe over the past few months, Ranpo smiled as he got changed for the day. Poe had been a beacon of kindness and comfort for Ranpo the past few months since they met, something Ranpo desperately needed.

Meanwhile, Poe found himself thinking about Ranpo throughout the day. He couldn't shake the image of those tear-filled eyes and the vulnerable smile out of his mind, as well with the happy memories that he's made with Ranpo in the past few months. His mind wandered as he tried to write, the blank page before him reflecting the thoughts swirling in his head. He decided to take another walk that evening, hoping to find inspiration.

As the evening approached, Poe found himself at the same spot where he had met Ranpo. To his surprise, Ranpo was there, leaning against the wall, seemingly lost in thought. Poe approached him with a happy smile.

"Ranpo," Poe called softly, not wanting to startle him.

Ranpo looked up and his face lit up with a smile. "Poe! Hello, How's your day going, It's good to see you."

Poe's heart warmed at Ranpo's words. "My day has been good, and it's good to see you too.

Poe smiled softly. "How are you feeling today?"

"I'm feeling better, thanks to you, I got out of therapy a few minutes ago and must have gotten caught up in thought" Ranpo replied.

Poe chuckled. "I'm glad your therapy sessions have been going well, What did you talk to them about today? If you don't mind me asking."

Ranpo shook his head. "It's alright, We talked about the abuse that I went through, I also talked to her about how I was feeling, about me feeling like I deserved it, when I really didn't."

Poe frowned seeing Ranpo talk about his abusive relationship he had with his ex-boyfriend, Poe hated that he asked, seeing how cold Ranpo's eyes looked while he talked about it.

Poe took Ranpo's hand gently. "I'm sorry I asked, you don't have to say anymore, I'm glad your therapy sessions are going well tho."

Ranpo hesitated for a moment, then spoke, "They're helping me a lot, Thank you for helping me find a therapist, Poe."

Poe smiled as he held Ranpo's hand. "It wasn't a problem, Ranpo, If you need anything, anything at all, you can come to me and I'll help you."

Poe and Ranpo smiled at each other for a few seconds before Ranpo soon looked away looking at their connected hands, "Poe, Would you like to come to my apartment for dinner?"

Poe smiled, nodding his head. "I'd love to have dinner with you, Ranpo."

They walked back to Ranpo's apartment together, the conversation flowing easily between them like always. Ranpo cooked a simple but delicious meal, as they ate together, they started sharing more stories from when they didn't see each other for the past few weeks. The more they talked and hung out together, the more Ranpo realized how much he liked hanging out with Poe, he wished him and Poe could be together and talk about stories forever.

After dinner, they settled on the couch with cups of tea. Ranpo looked at Poe, his expression thoughtful. "Poe, I... I've been thinking a lot about what you said that night. About venting and sharing our feelings. It made me realize how much I've kept bottled up inside."

Poe nodded, listening intently.

"I've always been so focused on my work, on solving cases and helping others, that I never really took the time to help myself, and to go to therapy about what happened with my abusive relationship with my ex-boyfriend," Ranpo continued. "But that night, talking to you, it felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I don't know how to explain it, but I feel... lighter inside."

Poe reached out, placing a reassuring hand on Ranpo's. "I'm glad to hear that. And you don't have to go through this alone. I'm here for you, Ranpo, whenever you need to talk, and I'm sure your friend Yosano is as well."

Ranpo smiled, his eyes shimmering with gratitude. "Thank you, Poe. That means a lot to me, I'm glad I met you that night."

Poe smiled, holding Ranpo's hand softly. "I'm glad I met you that night as well, Ranpo."

As the evening turned into night, Poe and Ranpo found themselves growing closer, their bond deepening with each shared moment. After a few weeks Ranpo realized that he's been falling for Poe, he talked to Yosano about what he should do, Yosano told him to go for it and tell Poe his feelings, but Ranpo didn't want to ruin their friendship, after weeks of Ranpo and Poe not meeting up, one night Ranpo found out that Poe wasn't busy and asked Poe if he wanted to come over, Poe agreed and showed up at Ranpo's apartment a few minutes later.

That evening, as they sat on the couch, Ranpo turned to Poe, a serious expression on his face. "Poe, there's something I've been wanting to tell you for a while now."

Poe felt a knot of concern tightening in his stomach. "What is it, Ranpo?"

Ranpo took a deep breath, his eyes meeting Poe's. "I... I think I've slowly been falling for you, Poe. You've been such a positive presence in my life since that night a few months ago, and I can't imagine not having you around. I understand if you don't feel the same way, but I had to tell you."

Poe was momentarily stunned, his heart racing. He had grown incredibly fond of Ranpo, but he had never considered the possibility of their relationship evolving into something more. Yet, as he looked into Ranpo's eyes, he realized that his feelings ran deeper than mere friendship.

"Ranpo," Poe began, his voice steady despite the whirlwind of emotions inside him. "I care about you deeply. Your friendship has been a light in my life, and I can't deny that I've thought about what it might be like if we were more than friends. I... I think I might feel the same way."

Ranpo's eyes widened in surprise and hope. "Really?"

Poe nodded, a soft smile playing on his lips. "Yes, really. But let's take it slow, okay? We've both been through a lot, and I want to make sure we do this right."

Ranpo's smile was radiant as he nodded in agreement. "I'd like that, Poe. Let's take our time."

With their feelings out in the open, the atmosphere between them shifted, becoming even more intimate and comfortable. They spent the rest of the night talking, sharing hopes and dreams for the future.

As dawn approached, Poe reluctantly prepared to leave. "I'll see you tomorrow, Ranpo," he said, his heart feeling lighter than it had in years.

Ranpo walked him to the door, a contented smile on his face. "Goodnight, Poe. And thank you... for everything."

Poe returned home, his mind filled with thoughts of Ranpo and the new chapter their relationship was beginning. He felt a sense of happiness and anticipation, knowing that their bond would only grow stronger with time.

In the days that followed, Poe and Ranpo continued to explore their feelings for each other, building a relationship founded on trust, understanding, and mutual respect. Their love story, much like Poe's tales, was filled with moments of suspense, tenderness, and unexpected beauty. And as they navigated the challenges and joys of their new romance, they found solace and strength in each other, their hearts intertwined in a dance of love and companionship.