Reunion

Annie sat in the backseat of the car, her eyes fixed on the streets of Seoul, which seemed to blur past the window. The city’s familiar skyline and bustling streets triggered a flood of memories that she tried desperately to suppress. Her heart pounded violently in her chest, and she clenched her fists, trying to steady her trembling hands.

She was miles away from the desolate, empty streets she had once roamed, but the past seemed just as close. The hunger, fear, and desperation of those days felt as real as the current bustling city outside. Tears began to well up in her eyes, her vision blurring as memories of her past hardships resurfaced with a painful clarity.

Jae, sitting beside her, noticed the tears slipping down her cheeks. "Mom, are you crying?" he asked softly, his voice filled with concern.

Annie tried to smile, though it was tinged with sadness. "Nope, it's just... I have a lot of memories of this place, that's all."

Jae reached out and pecked her cheek gently, his touch warm and reassuring.

Jungkook, sitting beside jae, glanced at her with a mixture of sympathy and guilt. He reached over, taking her hand in his, and pressed a tender kiss to the back of her palm.

"I am sorry," he murmured, his voice low and heartfelt. He knew how deeply these memories affected her and felt the weight of not being there during those dark times.

Annie looked at Jungkook with confusion. “Where are we going? Your apartment?”

Jungkook shook his head and smiled. “Our home.”

Annie narrowed her eyes, unsure of what he meant.

After a short drive, they arrived, and Annie’s eyes widened. It was the mansion where Jungkook had taken her the day before of their wedding day. She felt a lump in her throat, her past memories rushing back. She wanted to cry and yell, struggling to push away the painful reminders of those days.

Jungkook noticed her distress. He gently wrapped his arms around her from behind and rested his chin on her shoulder.

“Nothing was a lie. Everything I said was true. Over these three years, I couldn’t bring myself to come here. Everything reminded me of you. Please, forget the bad memories. Let’s start fresh.” He kissed her head.

He took her hand and led her inside with the kids.

“Wow, it’s huge!” Jae exclaimed.

“Yeah, this is a very big home,” Seol said, clapping his hands.

“Mumma, is this our home?” Seol asked excitedly.

“Yes, my champions, this is your home,” Jungkook replied with a smile.

“Appa has set everything up already. Let me show you your playroom,” Jungkook said, excited.

“And babe, you already know which room is ours, right?” Jungkook added.

“What do you mean, ours? She isn’t living with you,” Seol said, and Jungkook rolled his eyes.

“Are you interested in new toys or not?” he asked. They both nodded eagerly.

“Then let’s go!” Jungkook said, leading the kids inside.

Annie looked around the house. She sighed, trying to convince herself to move on from the past.

After freshening up, Jungkook headed to his company, saying he had important work to do. The kids quickly fell asleep, exhausted from the day's excitement, but Annie remained awake.

Suddenly, she heard a familiar voice. “Unnie!” Annie turned around and saw Somi rushing toward her.

“SOMI!” Annie exclaimed, rising from her seat. Somi ran to her, enveloping her in a tight, affectionate hug.