Chicken Soup Daily Devotion 3 Review

Chicken Soup Daily Devotion Review

"But the fruit of the Spirit [the result of His presence within us] is love [unselfish concern for others], joy, [inner] peace, patience [not the ability to wait, but how we act while waiting], kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-co...

"But the fruit of the Spirit [the result of His presence within us] is love [unselfish concern for others], joy, [inner] peace, patience [not the ability to wait, but how we act while waiting], kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such things there is no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature together with its passions and appetites."
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5‬:‭22‬-‭24‬ ‭AMP‬‬

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts."
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5‬:‭22‬-‭24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other."
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5‬:‭22–26‬ ‭NIV‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/111/gal.5.25.NIV

‭‭

Personal Quote: God is gentle with me so I can be gentle with myself.

Revised Anonymous Quote: Because God is so very gentle with me I should be gentle to myself and all others around me amen in Jesus' name I pray.

Original Devotion in "" below:
"I am in awe of God's power however, it is God's gentleness that moves me. God's will for me is that which is best for me yet God does not force anything upon me. True✅ Patiently, God waits for me to be still to turn within and listen. (You mean waiting for us to begin listening. There's a difference between waiting for us to listen and to begin listening to Him and His Word, Skylights. _Lumna10.)
God's gentle spirit is my foundation. When the cares of the world seem to overwhelm me and when challenges cause me to forget the truths that support me; God's spirit gently caresses me, uplifting and sustaining me. Because God is gentle with me, I am gentle with myself and others. I do not condemn or speak hurtful words to others. My actions are ones that encourage the unfoldment of God's divine plan in myself and others.
Through gentleness and love, God's work is done. "

This one was better than the two that came before it but it's still not that great. I feel like they think reciting the Bible is all they need to do when other devotions will tell this is not so at all. Prayer and praise lifted to God go as long of a ways as memorizing Bible verses for your times in need. _Lumna10 so this one is at a 2.5 a 3 with my editing.