CHAPTER SIX

Kassia just wanted to try something different

She had never tried leaving her house in leggings and a crop top to attend class.

Her mom said that it was sleep wear and she shouldn't even go to a supermarket like that but, what was the harm in that?

Plus everyone else did it.

So she stepped into college wearing something different. Her hands shook slightly as she put on the headphones too.

Maybe if she did some of the things Taemin did, she would understand him better.

They hadn't spoken in a week.

Kassia wanted to speak to him every time they saw each other but, she was afraid Taemin didn't want that. She didn't want to cross any boundaries again but she wanted to be in his space.

Kassia didn't know what to do.

There were a lot of people in the hallway but when she focused on just the music, it was quiet.

A bit lonely but, so peaceful.

Kassia removed her headphones as soon as she saw India. She returned her smile. India had such a pretty bright smile it was infectious.

"Kassia... bitch, you look like a baddie," she gasped, "gyat for real - that's how they say it in New York right?"

"I only heard Kai Cenat say it but, I think the context is right."

Kassia smiled feeling a bit less self conscious.

Her mother had a modelesque body however, she was curvier. Her mother always made comments so she settled on wearing clothes that didn't cling to her.

Tamera looked at Kassia feeling a bit of jealousy bubble up.

She usually wore the baggy office wear so her and Indigo were seen as the ones with the bodies however, if Kassia continued like this, she would beat them in every department.

Beauty. Grades. And now body.

And since when did she carry designer bags to school? Tamera couldn't stand her.

She should stick to humble or flexer - she hated that Kassia straddled the fence. She just thought Kassia's Miss Innocent act was so fake.

Her and Indigo always talked about it.

"I think it's a bit too much," she commented looking Kassia up and down.

"I agree," Indigo added, "maybe a bit more conservative for school would be better."

"You guys wear denim shorts to school all year long," India defended her friend rolling her eyes, "black leggings is hardly a scandal."

She was tired of those two picking on Kassia through backhanded comments. Plus, she noticed she was a bit sad lately.