CHAPTER TWENTY

The sound of Taemin hitting the punching bag resonated throughout the whole gym

A sound clear and loud enough to make some of the other gym goers stare and admire the young man.

Gomez stared at the Taemin with a sympathetic look.

He had known Taemin since he was 15 - the boy had an undeniable talent. Even more than his father at his so called prime.

But Gomez always thought Taemin was given the short end of the stick. All the other men knew it. The men knew Youngjae was holding the boy back.

So when Taemin strolled into the gym at night with a duffel bag, he was worried. He had to ask Taemin a few times but eventually he told him what happened.

It was hard to get information out of such a closed off person like Taemin. Gomez always found him to be polite and pleasant but, he wasn't the type to say much.

Gomez was disgusted that Taemin's father had kicked him out. Taemin told the man everything. His argument with his father. And lastly how he didn't know what he could do at that moment.

Taemin was admittedly lost.

He really felt like he couldn't turn to anyone in that moment. He to some extent was too proud to ask Kassia for help.

Gomez had a spare room in the gym so he had no problem with Taemin staying there for as long as he needed. To him, he was just a kid. It was harsh to just throw him out.

If anything, Taemin was too well mannered. He knew a lot of kids that would have blown up sooner and way harsher.

But maybe now without his father, Gomez could help Taemin achieve his true potential.
...

Taemin's head was surprisingly empty.

For now Taemin had a place to sleep but, he didn't want to continue to take advantage of Gomez.

Now he didn't really have UCLA either - he just felt like his world was a bit uncertain. It all felt extremely unstable.

Taemin just wanted to feel like he had ground underneath him.

It was frustrating.

So he just kept punching the sandbag. He was rougher than usual in the sparring.

He just felt angry.

Why was life this rough to him? He didn't know any family apart from his shitty father. He didn't have a mother but for life to make him an orphan just felt like he was answering for crimes he did not commit.

He wished he could know his own grandma or something... anyone that could even just listen to him vent right now.

"Good job today Taemin," one of the trainers patted him in the back as he wiped his sweat. "You did well kiddo."