CHAPTER THREE

Javier is such an asshole

Javier is such an asshole. I wanted to break his face yesterday for touching you like that... I know you struggle to say things but, I hope this petunia says everything you can't instead.

Yours truly, Flower Boy

Kassia picked up the single flower sitting in her locker admiring it. Petunia's were meant to signify anger, but she felt strangely calm looking at the white and purple petals.

She just thought the single purple bow on the stem was so cute.

She wanted to meet Flower Boy more and more each day.

How did he know so much about flowers? How did he pick out the best ones? How did he know so much about her? How-

She had so much to ask him.
...

"I heard from Javier that the weirdo spoke to you."

Kassia just wanted to enjoy her meal in peace.

"His name is not weirdo, it's Taemin."

"Kassia," Tamera gasped. "You shouldn't associating with people like him!"

"But he didn't do anything wrong to me," she responded calmly putting her fork down. "I'm not going to treat him badly just because everyone does."

"You're way too nice Kassia," Indigo sighed, "but still, you shouldn't associate with losers."

"You bitches just be following the grain," India spoke out rolling her eyes. "Why would she be weird to someone who didn't do anything to her?"

"Shut up," Indigo hissed towards her twin.

India and Indigo were twins but, they were really different. India only hung out with them occasionally and truth be told.... Kassia loved it when she was around.

India said all the things she wanted to say, exactly the way she wanted to. India herself had a soft spot for Kassia, hence why she forced herself to hang out with the other two insufferable girls.

Her twin being the main one she couldn't stand.

"Why should I? You're only mad at him because he didn't want you - everyone knows that Indigo."

"Ugh, you're so fucking annoying," Indigo complained letting the word slip out. "I'm not hungry anymore, Tamera let's go."

After the two girls left, India and Kassia looked at each other laughing. Every time Indigo was angry she just got this crazy look and it made them laugh.

"But Kassia now that it's me and you... you're shooting your shot with Taemin? Good girls really be the undercover freaks-"

"No way," she quickly denied getting flustered. "... he would never be interested in someone boring like me..."

"How could he not," she asked, "you're so cute. He'd be blind plus... I think you two would be cute together. I'm shipping it."

Kassia tried denying it but deep inside, she did find Taemin super cute. After speaking to him... she did find herself fantasising a bit.

They could make a cute couple...
...

"Hi Taemin," Kassia greeted shyly matching his footsteps. She had just left her last class of the day and happened to see him walking by.

"Hi Kassia, are you okay," he asked glancing at the shorter girl. He took off his headphones to hear better. He looked around noticing the few students looking at her talking to him.

"Yeah, I'm okay."

They walked quietly for a bit before Kassia wanted to hear him again.

She just liked the sound of his voice.

"Taemin, do you want to go for a late class snack?"
...

Taemin glanced around the cutesy coffee shop. He wasn't really a fan of places like this but, Kassia talked so excitedly about it so he couldn't say no.

"Do you like the sandwich," she asked nervously. "Whenever I have no time to make food, I just get sandwiches from here."

"It's a pretty good sandwich," he smiled taking a bite of the BLT. "The brown bread is pretty good."

"The owner told me they make it fresh - even the bread - I thought it made the place even cuter. I'm gate keeping this place pretty hard for now."

"Don't worry I'm not going to tell anyone."

Kassia and Taemin fell into a comfortable atmosphere. Mostly just Kassia babbling about her day and him adding things here and there.

It was refreshing to have someone listen without judgement. Even if she wasn't painting her day to be perfect.

Whenever Kassia tried telling her mother or friends things she found annoying or how anxious she felt by the high expectations, everyone minimised her feelings.

They told her she was lucky people had expectations of her.

But Taemin... he listened, he asked questions, he didn't correct her - she could finally say everything. Even how annoying her professor was that day without being made to feel guilty about her feelings.

She was interrupted by her phone ringing.

She glanced at the incoming FaceTime call biting her lip - something she did when she felt anxious.

She didn't want to answer her mom right now.

"Your phone is ringing Kassia," Taemin stated bringing her back to reality. He rested a hand underneath his chin just observing how anxious she was.

Everyone always talked about her being good under pressure but right now she was a ball of nerves.

"It's just my mom... d-do you think I l-look okay?"

"Yeah... are you feeling okay?"

"I just... my mum is a bit intense-"

"What if you just text her that you are busy," he suggested. He was surprised that her mom hadn't hung up this whole time.

"She has my whole schedule... she'll know I've just gotten out of class."

"Then, just tell her you were taking a shit for a very long time," he responded simply pressing to decline the call. "That won't be on the schedule."

Kassia felt surprisingly free by the call being declined. She had never had the courage to do that but she was glad Taemin did.

"She'll be very angry that the call was declined-"

Taemin stopped her mid sentence by feeding her a bit of his sandwich.

"This BLT is pretty good... I heard they made the bread  fresh every day - I think you should just focus on the bread. The owner put a lot of work into it you know? What do you think Kassia?"

Kassia smiled feeling thankful towards Taemin. "I think so too - the bread is too good to think about anything else."

Kassia found Taemin to be a very kind person - nothing like what people said about him.