CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

"How are you feeling?"

Wenda handed his daughter a cup of tea as soon as she walked out of the principal's office.

Kassia had been there for a long time but he was determined to wait and be the first person she saw. He knew she was especially struggling without Taemin close by.

"Refreshed and like I did what I had to do-"

"It's okay Kassia," he reassured steadying her shaking hands. "It's okay, it was scary wasn't it? I'm proud of you kiddo. You handled business."

Kassia breathed deeply smiling softly at her dad.

"It was so freaking hard... and she asked so many questions and I didn't think she was going to file a police report- I'm scared dad."

"I know angel, but it's going to be okay," her father reassured kissing her forehead. "You have me, always."

"Kassia," a voice squealed making her and her father look towards the sound. "I've missed you so much!"

India practically jumped on her as the two girls twirled. "I've been windmilling these idiots for three weeks - I haven't let my foot off any necks. I'm so happy to see you back babe."

"And you looking tew good... you've really just been watching Taemin train?"

"I- What? I d-we didn't do anything weird!"

"And with that, I'm too old to be here," her father laughed loudly. "Call me if you need anything Kassia."

It was bittersweet to watch her dad leave. Especially because Kassia knew that he would be swamped with work and research.

She enjoyed his support or just the late nights laughing. She could never see her dad as wild but from the stories he told her, he was out of control.

"Okay, on no weird stuff... your dad is kinda hot."

"India, you're sick."
...

The girls sat around a library table catching up.

They had books spread all around them but they were focused on gossiping and chatting. Some of the football club players had joined at some point and now it resembled a study group session.

With no studying being done.

Kassia hated being surrounded by so many people whilst studying but, she was having so much fun.

She didn't want the moment to end-

"You fucking whore! Did you really report me?!"

The boys jumped up but, this time Kassia didn't finch. Inside she was freaking out but outside, she wanted to remain as cool as a cucumber.

She couldn't stand Javier seeing her shake anymore.

"I did."

"She did ," India added crossing her arms. "And what are you shouting fo-"