CHAPTER FIVE

Kassia held on tightly to India's hand feeling very intimidated by the environment

It was dark.

It smelled weird.

It was full of people.

It seemed to be some sort of underground arena space - something that looked like a scene from Baki. She never thought places like that existed.

In fantasy? Sure. In real life? No.

"Hey Kai," Lucia greeted a tattooed, pierced guy.

He wasn't as cute as Taemin but Kassia thought the man was handsome too. She liked his piercings too. She always wanted multiple ear ones but he mother was against it.

"Thank you for getting me and my friend in."

"It's not for free you know - pay me, not with money though," the man flirted hitting India's ass. "Anyways, this is your famous friend?"

"Shut the fuck up," India muttered walking past him. "He's so annoying, he ain't getting no pussy. He just be talking too much."

"What did you tell him," Kassia asked curiously looking at her friend.

"That you and Taemin were friends... for free tickets and he didn't believe me."

Kassia laughed a bit before focusing on the ring in front of her. She kicked her feet slightly catching glimpses of her brand new air forces. Her mother probably wouldn't approve of how she was dressed today.

Sneakers, wide leg jeans and a white cropped top. The first time she tried wearing something similar, Rosa shouted at her and threw it in the trash.

She wanted her daughter dressed like a corporate executive at all times. Kassia didn't get it. And she had the money to dress in so many styles - cottage core one week and street style the next.

But her mom was so strict when it came to that. Her Birkins and Channel were begging to go outside her closet.

"Look Kassia, the left corner, look at your man!"

Kassia looked straight away spotting Taemin.

She smiled watching him fully concentrated talking to an older man. She had to keep herself from drooling at how good his body looked...

It was official... she didn't think he ever needed to wear a shirt.

Ever.

"I think that's his dad. He never made it big from what I hear, I wonder what happened..."

Kassia nodded taking in all the information.

She watched Taemin touch gloves with a man before they both started fighting. Kassia thought she'd find this type of thing barbaric but she was mesmerised watching Taemin fight.

Her heart was beating fast, in a good way.

She was gripping the edge of her seat the whole time until Taemin knocked out his opponent. She stood up with the crown clapping in awe.

He never looked cooler to her.

"India, I'm going to find the toilet."

In all truth, she was going to find Taemin and congratulate him before anyone else.
...

"You think that performance was okay Taemin," a deep voice berated loudly in the empty corridor.

Kassia followed the voice watching the scene quietly. She didn't know what she was meant to do.

The man India had described as Taemin's father, was screaming and pointing a finger in his face whilst Taemin stood straight with his hands behind his back.

"No sir, I could ha-"

The sound of a loud slap bounced off the hallway walls making Kassia gasp.

"Then if you know the performance was shit, you should do better. You're not gonna get scouted like this. You think we're doing this for fun?"

"No sir."

"Your mother-"

"Excuse me, do any of you guys know where the toilet is," Kassia asked wanting the scene to stop.

Taemin looked at her in surprise for a split second before wiping any emotion from his face. His father would definitely be displeased if he knew that him and Kassia knew each other.

He didn't want Taemin distracted.

Kassia was definitely a distraction but, the good kind as far as Taemin was concerned.

The man scoffed walking away from both his son and Kassia. He wasn't in the mood to deal with other people.

As soon as the man left, Kassia couldn't hold on how she felt anymore. "Are you ok- you need to put ice on your fa-"

"What are you doing here?"

The respond was a bit icy.

Taemin was used to being knocked around - both in the ring and by his father. Nothing today was enough to cause a concussion.

He wanted to know what someone like Kassia was doing there.

She clearly didn't belong.

That's why he liked her so much.

"Oh... my friend invited me... but- should we go to a hospital-"

Kassia tried reaching to get a better look at his bruises but he moved his head back.

Taemin didn't want to be touched right now.

"I'm fine," he muttered annoyed. He was even more annoyed that she had seen everything with his father.

He was embarrassed.

"... I'm sorry, I'm just wor-"

"You have a really annoying habit of meddling. Was it fun befriending the lonely boy in school? You've done your charity, you can leave me alone now."

Kassia felt her eyes sting. She cleared her throat trying not to cry. "I wasn't- I genuinely thought we were friends- so I'm sorry-"

"We're not friends," Taemin cut her off. "We just happened to interact a few times - don't paint me in pretty colours and expect me to fit into your perfect world - I never asked you to do that."

Kassia wiped her eyes nodding her head.

Taemin walked past her leaving her alone in the empty corridor.
...

Dear Kassia, do you ever say things in the heat and lay awake regretting it? I didn't even mean it... Hyacinths symbolise regret, a desire for forgiveness but also sincerity... do you think, you could... never mind, I just wanted to introduce you to Hyacinths. I always thought you'd look pretty wearing purple.

Yours Truly, Flower Boy

Kassia looked at the flower feeling her lip tremble.

She had a lot of regrets too. And as much as she wanted to apologise, she didn't want to overstep again.

Had she painted him to be perfect?

Could she say she truly got to know him?

Kassia felt so guilty that she was doing what others did to her. Above everything, she couldn't stand that she was a hypocrite. Criticising others whilst doing the same.

Taemin was right, she had been painting him with pretty colours.