CHAPTER ONE

"You're top of the class again Kassia? Ugh! Please share your secret with me!"

Kassia Domimgos.

UCLA's perfect angel.

Protected at all costs and although most girls would usually be jealous of someone like her, they couldn't help but love her.

She was kind. She ran tutoring sessions for students in the Bioengineering department.

Everyone thought she'd be a professor in the field or make very valuable contributions.

She was already very well connected with influential people in the field. It wouldn't take much for her to excel as far as everyone was concerned.

And she wasn't stuck up.

There was no way anyone could hate her.

Everyone thought she was blessed with the perfect genetics. The looks from former Miss Universe Rosa Domingos; her father was the world renowned surgeon, Wenda Domingos. Also a force to be reckoned with in the research into organ manufacturing.

She was born to be perfect.

"There isn't a secret Tamera," she smiled brightly at her friend. "You just have to study and be interested. I'm sure you can do it too."

Kassia opened her locker smiling... this time a smile that was a bit more sincere. She was used to faking a smile but she had someone who made her smile genuinely every time.

"Oh, Flower Boy has given you a flower again," her other friend Indigo commented giving Tamera a look.

They both thought it was weird.

Both for Kassia to find it endearing and for this strange creep to give her flowers and notes.

The two girls thought it was childish.

"Girl, when will the creepy stalker stop-"

"I'm sure that's not the intention," Kassia quickly cut Tamera off. "I think the person is just being nice."

She picked up the small bouquet reading the note.

This is an Amaryllis bouquet. It's only small... it had to fit in a locker after all... they're usually given as a congratulations gift. I think it's pretty cool that you came first place again. Anyways... congratulations on getting first on your test Kassia, I think you're pretty cool.

Yours Truly,
Flower Boy (as your friends call me)

She always wondered who the boy was.

He had started sending her flowers out of nowhere during her second year of college. They weren't sent on specific dates but it would be once a month at least. A beautiful written note with a flower to match.

It was what Kassia most looked forward to opening her locker.

She found it funny how he just took on the nickname. Not a lot of guys were happy to be Flower Boy but, she could tell he was different.

He was sweet.

"Ugh, look at him - is he attention seeking by coming to college like that?"

"He's such a weirdo," Indigo added agreeing with Tamera.

Kassia turned also looking at the topic of conversation.

Taemin Lee.

His cheek was a bit bruised but apart from that, she wasn't sure about what was inappropriate. Every boy on campus wore white T-shirts, air forces and grey tracksuit bottoms.

Not just the boys... the girls too.

Everyone always talked about him negatively but Kassia didn't get why.

He was tall and good looking so obviously the boys were jealous. He was also very indifferent towards the girls. There was even a rumor he rejected Indigo despite her being so beautiful.

She just thought he was pretty cool... everyone knew he was an MMA fighter outside of college. And there were rumours that he also knew how to surf and skateboard.

He was also an Environmental Science student which she found cool. His classmates always said he got top marks despite being so quiet.

"All he is doing is attending college like all of us, that isn't weird or attention seeking," Kassia commented leaving Indigo and Tamera behind.

She hated how judgemental they both were.

It felt suffocating and tiring sometimes to be around them.
...

"Why does your hair look like that Kassia? I sure hope you're not going to class looking like that."

"I'm not, mom," she responded with a forced smile. "I just washed it so it looks a bit messy - I'll get it ready for class by the morning."

To Kassia going to class with wash day hair wouldn't be the worst. Her mom just wanted her to look up to her standards at all times.

She thought it'd be over once she was in college but, her mom would FaceTime her randomly through the day to see her appearance.

Despite being in different states, Rosa still found ways to maintain control over Kassia.

"Ok, because I really don't like when you look like a slob," Rosa reiterated for the tenth time. "Remember sweetheart, when you look good, you work even better."

"Yes mom."

"And the study schedule for today?"

Kassia almost screamed out loud.

She had just gotten the best grades in the whole of her course. Out of everyone she had gotten number one and her mother wanted her to go back to studying.

She just wanted to nap.

"Well... I was thinking of taking a break for this eve-"

"Oh sweetheart," Rosa sighed clearly displeased. "You cannot rest just because you got number one. You have to keep working hard - stars don't stop shinning."

Rosa had paused her career as a beauty icon to be a mother. She thought she had done everything she ever wanted to do but, she always had regrets.

Miss Universe wasn't her end. She always regretted that she didn't keep going after having Kassia.

She didn't want Kassia to ever feel the same way.

So, she made it her life mission to make Kassia super successful.

She was going to push her daughter beyond her limits every time. She was going to be a smart, educated and a titan within her field of work.

She really believed her Kassia was meant to shine.

"Mom-"

"No buts, fix your hair and do some last minute revision. Your father is seriously considering taking you to that seminar next month - you want to make him proud, right?"

So although Kassia didn't want to, she felt pressured to please her mother. It would make her more anxious to ignore her mother so, she got ready to go and study.

It would be her best study session yet.

She just didn't know it.