CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

"I didn't say you could go to class today, Kassia

"I didn't say you could go to class today, Kassia."

Kassia sighed throwing her bag on the couch. She was so tired she couldn't even be bothered to address her anxiety... or her mother.

She just wanted this to be over.

Everything.

"I thought you hated it when I missed classes."

"Don't talk back to me," Rosa warned with a pointed look. "Anyways, go pack your bags darling. This Californian air is not for you."

Kassia was so sick of her mother telling her what to do.

She didn't even ask once what Kassia wanted or how she was feeling... right now Kassia was feeling very resentful towards the woman.

If Rosa didn't care about her, she wasn't going to care about the woman or her reputation.

It could all go up in flames for all she cared.

"Mom, please just stop. I'm so tired and you know I can't leave right now, it's my last year. Taemin-"

"Taemin- that boy from the meeting? That's what you want from your life Kassia," her mother yelled poking her forehead. "And who taught you to talk back to me-"

"You hate everything I do! I can never do enough for you- why are you ma-"

Kassia was stopped mid sentence by the stinging sensation on her cheek. Kassia expected it to hurt more. Clearly a sign that she was full of adrenaline.

And just exhausted.

At that same moment, Wenda heard the sound dropping what he had in his hands to run to his daughter.

His heart was racing.

"Rosa, what are you doing? Don't put your hands on my daughter," he yelled shielding Kassia. "You're fucking out of control."

"No, your daughter here is out of control. Did you hear how she is talking to me?! She has fucking lost it!"

"You're fucking pushing it Rosa! If you can't be supportive, leave her alone!"

"She is acting out over a boy," the woman shrieked throwing her hands in the air. "All my hard work just in the air-"

"Rosa, this is Kassia's life - not your second chance to do things. Do you know how fucking out of it you sound?"

"He is not the type of boy I want for her! What don't you understand-"

"Are you in Kassia's body dating him? I don't know what your issue is. She has a boyfriend, it is not the end of the world."

Wenda was getting frustrated and annoyed. Nothing he hated more than someone who made no sense. And Kassia was relieved her father actually was on her side.