CHAPTER EIGHT

Kassia and Taemin had forgotten the ramen cups

They settled on talking and talking.

About everything. About anything.

It was so exciting to find out stuff about one another. Taemin laid on his back whilst Kassia rested her head on her crossed arms just looking at him.

Taemin's favourite colour was dark green and Kassia's was yellow.

They both liked dogs but Kassia liked cats too. She found it funny for some reason that Taemin wanted to raise ferrets.

How random.

"Oh no," Kassia gasped looking at her phone. "It's almost midnight. I don't want to call an Uber because they're creeps at night."

"You want to sleep here?"

That's exactly what a Kassia wanted him to ask. She didn't want to leave. She didn't want the moment to end.
...

Kassia laid on Taemin's bed staring up at the ceiling. She was wearing Taemin's t-shirt. It suited him fine but it was oversized on her and his shorts absolutely drowned her.

They did smell like him though.

Taemin thought she looked adorable and he liked seeing her with his clothes. But he didn't want to be a creep by saying something weird.

"I hate that you're sleeping on the floor since it's your bed," Kassia complained out loud.

She leaned over feeling bad that Taemin was sleeping on the uncomfortable floor. Had she known he was going to do this, she would have gotten the Uber home.

"It's okay. It's only right you sleep on the comfortable place."

"We can do a pillow wall so, come up here," Kassia suggested smiling down at him. He smiled back at her - she just had such an infectious smile.

"No, I'm fine Kassia," Taemin politely declined. "You enjoy the non-Egyptian cotton sheets."

Taemin was nervous.

He came across as aloof and disconnected but, he never had a girl sleep in his room before. He was just too nervous around the opposite gender. Sometimes it surprised him how at ease he felt around Kassia.

Plus, his father thought girls were distractions.

And with Kassia being so beautiful, he was nervous all the time.

Kassia playfully rolled her eyes before climbing out of the bed into the space next to him.

"We can just have a sleepover here," Kassia smiled surprising Taemin. He was glad the room was dark because he was sure he was blushing. "I know how to do shadow animals too-"

"You have so much energy."

"Well, it's only because I don't have to pretend around you," she revealed turning to face him. "Everyone else just thinks I'm a doll that has to act and move a certain way - it's so exhausting."

"I think this side of you is pretty fun but... I'm glad you only show it to me."

Kassia's heart was beating out of her chest. She felt her cheeks get so warm but, she felt the same way about being able to see Taemin's personality.

"I get to have you to myself," he continued. "It's selfish right? To want you to myself..."

"It's okay because I only want to be this way when I'm with you," Kassia expressed quietly. She stared at him in the dark taking in as many of her features. Taemin doing the same.

The both were completely enamoured with each other.

"You're actually beautiful - I thought only flowers were objectively beautiful and then, I met you."

"You're beautiful too," Kassia blushed. "If you keep looking at me like that I'll keep shy."

Taemin smiled wondering if he should continue. The words were just spilling out but he decided to keep going... because he wanted Kassia to know.

"Maybe I'm one of the worst friend ever because I can't stop thinking about you- in a way a friend shouldn't."

"Then, we're bad friends because I thought about that too."

Even with only the faint light from the streetlights and the moon from outside, Kassia and Taemin could see each other grinning like idiots.

Taemin leaned closer softly connecting his lips with Kassia's. Taemin sat up realising what he had done and he felt like an idiot.

He told himself he wasn't going to rush or cross the line.

Because, he had convinced himself that standing by her was enough.

To Taemin, Kassia was out of his league.

"Oh shit," Taemin panicked running a hand through his long hair. "Fuc- Kassia I'm sorry-"

Kassia stopped Taemin in his tracks by placing her hands on his cheeks connecting their lips again.

A bit longer this time.

Then a bit longer the next time they connected again.

And longer the time after.

"Taemin, just shut up and kiss me."
...

"Kassia, are your lips swollen," Indigo asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Are they? Maybe it's my lip gloss."

"Since when do you use that?"

Indigo didn't know Kassia was the type to wear makeup.

"Oh, I have something to discuss with my Professor. I'll talk to you guys later!"
...

"I'm freaking the fuck out!!!! You guys kissed," India fangirled clapping her hands. "My fucking ship has sailed!"

"I don't know why- I can't believe Taemin and I kissed!"

Both girls squealed in unison coming across as idiots to everyone else watching. They jumped around like Kassia had just announced she was a Nobel prize winner.

"And I'll do it again!"

"Do what again," a voice questioned making Kassia freeze. She knew that sickly sweet, calm and composed tone from anywhere. "Share the excitement with me as well, my beautiful daughter."

Kassia looked at her mother with her mouth agape. India on the contrary couldn't believe she was standing in front of the Rosa Domingos.

She was even more beautiful in person, if it was possible. And she was fanning out. She used to have posters of the beauty queen when she was younger.

"Mom... what are you doing here?"

"You've become so inconsistent with your phone," the woman beamed waving at the people gawking at her. "So I came to see if anything was wrong - a plane has never separated us, sweetheart. Also... darling, what are you wearing?"

Kassia almost swore out loud.

She would have if her mother wasn't standing right there.