STATICE PATCH

"Are you okay honey?"

Kassia stood by the entryway rubbing her stomach.

Carrying twins at five months felt like she was carrying basketballs. They just felt heavy and they were the most temperamental foetuses.

She was tiny and her back was always aching. Morning sickness was hitting her like a truck too. And everything just tasted weird - overly sweet or overly salty.

Kassia didn't have older women to guide her through these times. Well, except her grandma but, the woman was older. She couldn't rely on her a lot. But it wasn't lonely - her father, her friends and her fiancé supported her just fine.

Yes, fiancé.

But Kassia's focus wasn't her heartburn right now, it was Taemin.

He had gotten contacted by his mother's side of the family.

They wanted to meet him.

After years of not even knowing about his existence, they had found out about him. They found out about him through an interview where Taemin talked about his mother. They reached out immediately and found out the Taemin Lee, the fighter was an actual member of their family.

Kassia and Taemin looked into the Lee family and it didn't seem like a money grab. The Lee family had money after all.

On the surface, it seemed genuine.

But, Taemin was conflicted. They weren't there when he needed them. However, Taemin recognised they were trying to be present now.

Those thoughts filled his mind a lot lately.

"Better now that I've seen you, come here princess," he smiled softly. Kassia smiled giddily laying her feet on his lap as he rubbed them.

Taemin just loved the idea of Kassia being pregnant.

He never thought about it but, having a family was important to him. People who would never abandon him. People who would be in his life forever.

People who would love him forever without any contingencies.

Unlike his dad who never bothered to reach out after kicking him out. Taemin responded the same way by leaving the man behind. However, he still felt jaded that his own father was that sort of man.

So, it was important for Taemin to be a good dad.

And Kassia... yes, she was worried about her man but, she needed this massage. She had been on her feet whilst making cake pops and the two beans in her stomach hadn't forgiven her.

Even thought they enjoyed the cake pops too. Kassia already couldn't understand these kids.

"Babe, I made cake pops- unless you're on a fight diet. Then, there is absolutely no cake or sugar in this house."