CHAPTER NINETEEN

Wenda sat on the couch feeling a bit nervous

He recognised Youngjae Lee.

How could he not?

When he was in college, he followed the rise of the fighter. He was one of those who cried at the press conference Youngjae gave announcing his injury. An injury that stopped his career before it even started.

Soon after, the man disappeared from the public eye.

Like a ghost.

"You rich folks drink beer," Youngjae commented with a mocking tone. "I haven't got French wine or anything."

But Wenda was determined not to fuck this up- he just thought of Kassia. So he could take a few jabs from the man.

Even if he knew it was going to be some bullshit.

Anything and everything for his sweetheart.

"Yeah, this is cool, reminds me of some good times in college."

The men clinked their cans drinking in silence for a bit.

"So, what brings you two to San Francisco?"

"You know these kids man... Kassis was sad without Taemin so I brought her here for some fresh air. She looks more alive."

Youngjae simply hummed not really amused or interested.

"They're just kids, they'll grow out of it. Taemin has more important stuff to do - he doesn't have time to mess around with your daughter."

That comment irritated Wenda a bit... he had to do a lot to control his short fuse growing up. He had to be kind to be able to navigate the spaces he was in. But lately people were trying me.

They were all about to make him come out of retirement.

Wenda nodded with a smile to calm down, "my daughter has a bright future ahead of her as well - she's not a random girl clinging to your son. She just really likes him, I don't understand how that affects him negatively - if anything he wouldn't want to look like a loser.."

"Having a little rich girl on your arms never pushed anyone to be better. It's time for Taemin to let go of stuff like this - they're hours away now, it wouldn't make sense."

"It's barely an hour flight. I don't think any of them will die over it."

"And where will we get money to see your darling princess?"

"If money is a big problem, I can pay - It's not an issue for us."

Maybe Wenda was being an asshole but he wasn't going to let anyone reduce his little girl to just a rich girl. His Kassia had offers from various Ivy League colleges, she always had a bright future.

She wasn't a random bobble head.

Youngjae however, was irritated by his comment.

This is why he raised Taemin to be a lonely person. He didn't want people in their business. But now, he was having to deal with rich people.