CHAPTER THIRTEEN

"Taemin help me!"

"Taemin help me!"
...

Kassia looked at India very unsure.

"Come on girl, you're going to have fun. My friends and I, got you. You're going to love Zara and Georgia."

"But I've never been to a party before and I'm not sure I'll be fun at all."

Kassia had been invited to parties before but, she always declined.

She was able to socialise but she preferred intimate gatherings way more. She was a social introvert. She just preferred less people.

"Pretty please, just this one time," India begged with puppy dog eyes. "I want you to see a bit of what I like to do. If you don't like it, never again."

"I don't know India..."

"You can hold my hand the whole time. Let's just have some fun."
...

Kassia pulled her dress down once again feeling a bit insecure.

Was she meant to be wearing something so short?

India had told her that's what everyone wears to parties but, it barely covered anything. She knew her mother would have a fit if she saw her.

She did look cute... she had to admit her body looked insane.

Taemin watched Kassia like an eagle as she got ready.

When she had told him she was going to a party, he was a bit stressed about it. He hadn't officially taken her on a date and now everyone would get to see her. He wanted to keep her for himself.

Maybe he was starting to think a bit possessively but, he was doing a good job at not behaving that way.

He hid his excitement when she told him she wanted to get ready at his dorm. At least he could see her first.

It was meant to make him feel more reassured but it didn't help.

"Why are you looking at me like that," Kassia asked a bit nervous. "I look bad?"

"No," he shook his head pulling the edge of her dress down a bit. The action making Kassia blush. "You look way too pretty. I thought it was impossible."

Her hair was cut into curtain bangs and blow dried. On her frame, a short, black tube dress barely covering her ass.

But her face was beat - if there was something Rosa invested in was Kassia learning how to do her makeup.

The best, most well known makeup artists had given her private lessons. Mario and Priscilla included.

"Isn't this too short, Kassia," he asked after the dress didn't suddenly go down to her knees despite him pulling it.

Taemin slightly gripped her tights thinking about how everyone would see how thick they are - he wondered if he could get her to stay home...

But then again, he knew she was excited about this. She had been excited the whole week. He couldn't do that to her.

"Are you worried," she asked pinching his cheek. "You're literally touching me all over - if I knew a short dress would do that, I would have brought a million."

"I think I'm just a little jealous," he admitted standing up. "You're so pretty... I just can't stand the thought of other people getting to see it."

Kassia blushed looking up at her man. She wrapped her arms around his shoulder just staring up at him with an innocent look. "You sure you don't want to come?"

"I would try to fight every guy for look at you," he admitted kissing the top of her head. "And I want you to have fun so, no princess. If anything happens you can call me or... even if nothing happens you can call me too."

"I'll text you the whole night."

"I'll answer the whole night."
...

"All eyes are on you sis," India beamed walking in with Kassia, hand in hand as she promised. "You look so fucking hot."

Georgia and Zara walked beside the two. The four girls  together drew everyone's attention. It irritated Tamera and Indigo seethe that Kassia was there looking like that.

Like the hottest girl in the room.

Honestly, Zara and Georgia thought Kassia was too much of a goody two shoes but, India loved her. So they were trying to get closer to her too. They wanted to give her a chance.

Kassia was just more reserved than they thought.

An open, reserved person.

"You do look like a baddie," Zara complimented with a genuine smile. "I love your hair sis."

Kassia thanked her and smiled taking in the "party".

Growing up, she had been to formal parties. Fancy events where she had to dress up and wear expensive garnets. But this was so different- it was dark, there were people packed in the same place and everyone was dressed much more skimpy.

Not quite a private dinner with Anna Wintour type of vibe.

Kassia followed India and the girls into the kitchen. She was starting to feel anxious as they talked to everyone so, she started texting Taemin. Smiling to herself at how quickly he answered.

He really was her safe space, even through text.

"Kassia, try this," India suggested handing her a shot.

"What is this?"

"Just something to take the edge off."

"Uh uh, India explain properly," Georgia side eyed. "It's alcohol - you don't have to have any if you don't want to Kassia. It's hard but you can say no to India... occasionally."

Georgia knew India didn't have bad intentions but sometimes, she could really peer pressure people.

"I'm okay with it," she reassured. "Drinking at a party is what they do in the movies."

And that first drink would snowball into the craziest month of Kassia's life.
...

"Go Kassia, it's your birthday! We gon party like it's your birthday! We gon sip Bacardi like it's your birthday! And you know we don't give a fuck it's not your birthday!"

Everyone chanted as Kassia danced.

Drunk Kassia was the life of the party. And everyone had joined in hyping the girl up.

India made the sweetest concoction and Kassia had a sweet tooth. Kassia just kept throwing more and more drinks back until she was feeling looser.

Way too loose.

And when she got like this, she just had so much energy. Right now, that energy was being used to dance and twerk with her friends.

India and Zara were the main ones hyping her along with some girls on the dance floor. Georgia had been swept away by her man so she was nowhere to be seen.

All three of the girls were drunk.

India being a bit more responsible than everyone else. What could she say? She had built up a high alcohol tolerance.

"I'm going to the toilet," Kassia screamed to India over the music. "I need to pee right now."

"Girl hwald awnnn," India immediately said a bit tipsy. "I'm coming with you."

"I'm okay," Kassia dismissed. "I'm not that drunk, I'm gonna call Taemin as well."

India thought it would be fine. Everyone was so happy to see Kassia let loose. They were even complimenting her being so fun.

Nothing could go wrong in her mind with a simple toilet trip.

But since when have toilet trips been fine in movies?