The Murder

It was the town fiesta at Santa Fe, everyone was enjoying the day by going to the church and riding the attractions in the Plaza.

Marie and Edward were strolling down the streets watching people enjoy the revelry. The couple stopped by at a food cart.

"Try this," Marie offered a stick of Fish ball to Edward, who gladly accepted it.

"I never tried this one though," the young man remarked

"Marie, let's go" Edward whispered when his eyes grew big

"Mom," the young man murmured, it was Agatha walking at the plaza together with her bodyguards.

"Edward, where are you going?" the rich landlady asked

"I'm going home" Edward answered, leaving Marie who was shocked of what her boyfriend did.

Marie was stunned and walked out like nothing happened, but her heart was full of sadness and despair when her boyfriend did such unacceptable thing to her, she walked towards their home, but sat in the bench where the old man Mang Caloy usually sits. She looked into the old man's humble abode, trying to whisk away the pain she was having.

Minutes later, a vehicle stopped in front of her, opening its door. It was Mang Caloy, together with Ninotchka, Chloe and the old man's bodyguards. Caloy noticed the gloomy young lady and patted her head.

"What's wrong?" the old man asked

"Papu, we'll go home now," Ninotchka and Chloe interrupted, leaving the old man.

"Mang Caloy," Marie uttered, "Edward just left me when Madam Agatha arrived."

"He's your boyfriend right?" Caloy asked, to which the young lady nodded. "You don't expect a son of a landlady to introduce you. Imagine that you're here and he's living in that modest mansion"

"But he loves me, right?" Marie asked.

"I don't know, it's up to you, but he might be after your virginity" Caloy frankly answered, going near the lass "I told you that once you entered the relationship, always be reminded of your place."

"I know he will defend me Mang Caloy" Marie cried "I know he would."

Mang Caloy looked at Marie straight in the eye, gasping a sigh. Seemingly he saw a glimpse of Edward standing just a meter from them.

"He is there," the old man remarked "I'll leave you here with him, just call me if there is something wrong."

As soon as Caloy went inside his house with the gate still opened, Edward came and sat beside her, slowly holding her hand.

"I'm sorry for what happened," Edward said.

"I don't know if I could understand you," said Marie, whose voice was breaking down "But that was painful, denying me in front of your mother."

"I was stunned by what happened," Edward tried to reason out

"You know what is painful?" Marie asked him, "To try and fight for our love even though it's painful!"

To console Marie's despaired heart, Edward wrapped her in his arms, feeling the love and comfort she wanted. They thought that the night was just silent and simple when Doña Agatha came with her bodyguards.

"Just as I thought," the landlady said, stunning his son.

"Mom, I can explain" Edward reasoned out again, visibly shaken and unable to stand.

"There is no need to explain my son" the landlady said, staring at Marie from head to foot "Well, you're the Ms. Nueva Vizcaya, am I right?"

"Yes, Madam" Marie stuttered