Riho meets Marie again

Marie sat in her cubicle, the clatter of keyboards and the murmur of voices a constant backdrop to her thoughts. The news of Innovare's potential rebranding to CD&L Titan Group of Companies had stirred quite a buzz. As Marie's fingers danced over her keyboard, she couldn't help but overhear snippets of conversation about the upcoming changes.

"Did you hear? Innovare might be renamed," Amy said, her voice tinged with curiosity as she walked by Marie's desk.

Brian, who was seated at his desk nearby, looked up. "Really? That's quite a shift. CD&L Titan Group, huh? Sounds like a whole new direction."

Marie nodded, glancing over at her colleagues. "It seems like things are changing fast around here. But change can be good."

Their conversation was interrupted by the arrival of Riho and Emi. Riho walked in with an air of grace and authority, her presence commanding immediate attention. She greeted Marie, Amy, and Brian with a warm smile.

"Marie!" Riho said, her eyes lighting up with recognition. "It's been a while. I remember you from Nueva Vizcaya."

Marie looked up, her face breaking into a smile. "Madam Riho, it's wonderful to see you again. Yes, it has been a while."

Riho's eyes sparkled with genuine delight. "Please, call me Riho. It's good to see you settled in here. How have you been?"

Marie glanced at Amy and Brian, who watched the interaction with curious expressions. "I've been well, thank you. It's been quite a journey since Nueva Vizcaya."

Riho's smile widened. "I'd love to catch up and hear all about it. How about we grab some tea? I know a lovely spot nearby."

Marie hesitated for a moment, then nodded. "I'd be delighted. Let me just wrap up a few things here, and I'll meet you there."

As Riho and Emi walked away, Amy and Brian exchanged glances. "Did you know Marie was from Nueva Vizcaya?" Brian asked, his voice tinged with surprise.

Amy shook her head. "I had no idea. It's interesting to see her reconnecting with Riho."

Marie finished up her tasks and made her way to the café where Riho was waiting. The café had a cozy ambiance, with soft lighting and a variety of teas displayed prominently. Marie spotted Riho sitting at a corner table, her elegant demeanor perfectly in sync with the surroundings.

"Madam Riho," Marie greeted, using the formal address as she approached.

Riho looked up, her eyes filled with warmth. "Marie, please, just Riho. I'm glad you could make it."

Marie settled into the chair opposite Riho, and a waiter soon arrived to take their tea order. As they waited for their drinks, Marie began to recount her experiences since leaving Nueva Vizcaya.

"You know," Marie started, "life in Nueva Vizcaya was a whirlwind. After the events that transpired, I was taken in by Mang Caloy, who took care of me and gave me a fresh start."

Riho's expression softened. "Mang Caloy is a good man. I've heard a lot about him. He's done so much for many people."

Marie nodded, her eyes reflecting gratitude. "Yes, he has. He's like family to me now. I'm very fortunate to have his support."

Riho leaned forward slightly, her interest piqued. "What exactly happened in Nueva Vizcaya? If you don't mind sharing."

Marie took a deep breath, recalling the events she had lived through. "It was a tough time. There was a lot of conflict and danger. I was caught in the middle of it all. But with Mang Caloy's help, I managed to find safety and a new direction for my life."