Monica and Gen's first date

The sprawling Marino Mansion was quiet in the early afternoon, sunlight streaming through the grand windows and casting a golden glow over the richly furnished halls. It was a rare peaceful moment in the household, the calm before the inevitable storm of meetings, family discussions, and the ever-present weight of the Marino legacy.

Kara sat at the long dining table in one of the mansion's quieter wings, sipping tea as she flipped through a fashion magazine. Her sharp eyes, however, were not fully focused on the glossy pages. She had noticed something—something that had been quietly brewing over the past few weeks, and she could no longer ignore it.

From the corner of her eye, Kara saw Gen walking down the corridor, his steps purposeful as always, but with a subtle tension in his posture. He had become a more frequent presence at the mansion, often spending time with Monica, and though he tried to play it cool, Kara had picked up on the telltale signs that something deeper was going on.

Gen, as always, was composed. But Kara knew better. She had seen the way his gaze lingered on Monica, how he seemed to step into her space just when she needed support without her asking. And she had seen the look on his face during that moment in the palace when he stood behind Monica, silently but clearly protective.

She set her magazine down, her lips curving into a mischievous smile. It was time to do what sisters did best—intervene.

"Gen!" Kara called out, her voice light and teasing as he passed the dining room.

Gen paused, his hand resting on the doorframe as he turned to face her. "Kara," he greeted, his tone friendly but cautious. He knew that look—the one Kara got when she was up to something.

Kara motioned for him to come over, and with a small sigh, Gen obliged, stepping into the room and leaning casually against the table. "What's up?" he asked, though he had a feeling he knew where this was going.

Kara, always the straightforward one, didn't waste any time. "You're falling for Monica."

Gen blinked, caught off guard by her directness, though he shouldn't have been surprised. Kara had a way of cutting straight to the heart of things. He opened his mouth to protest, but Kara raised a hand to stop him.

"Don't even try to deny it," she said, her eyes gleaming with amusement. "I've seen the way you look at her. You've been there for her through all this mess with Brian, Vanessa, and everything else. And trust me, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what's going on."

Gen ran a hand through his hair, feeling slightly uncomfortable under her knowing gaze. "It's not that simple, Kara."

Kara raised an eyebrow, leaning back in her chair. "Why not?"

He hesitated, searching for the right words. "Monica's been through a lot. She's dealing with so much right now—family responsibilities, the fallout with Brian... It's not exactly the right time for me to make things more complicated."

Kara tilted her head, studying him for a moment before responding. "That's exactly why you should do something about it. Monica's always carrying the weight of the world on her shoulders. She doesn't need someone to fix everything for her, but she does need someone who cares. And we both know you do."

Gen sighed, his eyes drifting to the window as he considered her words. He couldn't deny what he felt for Monica, but he wasn't sure if now was the right time to act on it. Monica was strong, fiercely independent, and had a lot on her plate. The last thing he wanted was to make things more complicated for her.

But Kara, ever perceptive, saw the hesitation and decided to push a little further. "Gen, I've known my sister my whole life. And trust me, she's been keeping people at a distance for too long. You've managed to break through that wall, and she trusts you. Don't let this chance slip away just because you're worried about timing."