Monica's decision

The house buzzed with the usual hum of life, siblings coming and going, voices drifting from different rooms. But Monica sat in the corner of the living room, her hands clenched tightly around the edge of her chair. Her heart still ached, the sharp sting of Brian's betrayal fresh and raw. She had told Ryoma, but the rest of her siblings... she wasn't sure how they would take the news.

Ryoma leaned against the doorframe, arms crossed, watching his sister with a look of concern etched on his face. "Monica," he said quietly, "they deserve to know. You can't keep this from them. We're family. We're supposed to be in this together."

Monica looked up at him, her eyes heavy with uncertainty. "I know... but it's just so embarrassing. I don't want them to think I'm weak for staying with Brian as long as I did."

Ryoma shook his head. "Monica, they won't think that. This isn't about weakness. It's about being honest. They love you, and they'll want to support you, no matter what."

Before Monica could respond, the sound of footsteps echoed down the hallway. Tsubasa entered the room first, his usual cool, collected demeanor giving way to curiosity when he noticed the serious expressions on their faces. Ashley and Isabella followed close behind, the pair chatting away until they caught sight of Monica. Kara and Amadeo trailed at the end, carrying the playfulness that often accompanied their shared energy.

"What's going on?" Tsubasa asked, his brows furrowing as he glanced between Monica and Ryoma.

Monica opened her mouth to speak, but the words seemed to get stuck in her throat. Ryoma stepped forward, sensing her hesitation, and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Monica has something she needs to tell you guys," he said, his voice steady.

Ashley, always the first to notice something wrong, took a seat beside Monica, her face softening with concern. "Mon, what's wrong?" she asked gently, her hand reaching out to squeeze Monica's arm.

Isabella, the youngest of the group, perched herself on the armrest of the sofa, eyes wide with curiosity. "Is everything okay?"

Monica took a deep breath, trying to gather her strength. "No, everything's not okay," she finally admitted, her voice cracking slightly. "Brian... he cheated on me."

The room fell into a stunned silence, the air heavy with disbelief. Tsubasa's eyes darkened, his jaw clenching as he tried to process what he'd just heard. Kara, who had been standing near the doorway, took a step forward, her expression quickly shifting from confusion to anger.

"Wait... what?" Amadeo's voice broke the silence. "Brian? Cheated? On you?"

Monica nodded, her eyes dropping to her lap as the weight of the words seemed to grow heavier. "With Vanessa," she added quietly, her voice barely a whisper.

Ashley's grip on her tightened, her face flushing with anger. "That sleazy, manipulative witch!" she spat. "I knew there was something off about her. But Brian? I can't believe he would do something so low."

Tsubasa, usually the calmest of them all, couldn't hide his frustration. His fists clenched at his sides, and he looked ready to storm out and find Brian. "How could he do this?" he muttered under his breath, his voice tight with barely suppressed rage. "After everything you've been through together."

"I thought he loved me," Monica whispered, the vulnerability in her voice making her siblings' hearts ache. "I thought we were building something real."

Isabella's eyes filled with tears, and she quickly rushed to Monica's side, wrapping her arms around her older sister in a tight hug. "Monica, I'm so sorry," she said softly, her voice trembling. "You didn't deserve this. You're too good for him."