Epilogue

The days after the battle were quiet, a sharp contrast to the chaos and destruction that had taken over the Marino estate. The family had begun the process of rebuilding—not just the mansion, but their lives. The war against Tai Hun Kwai, the Serranos, and the Castellanos had left scars, both physical and emotional, but they had survived. The Marinos had won, and now it was time to heal.

For Monica, the past weeks had been overwhelming. The loss of allies like Arjan, the betrayal of enemies like Brian, and the weight of the family legacy had been heavy on her heart. But in the midst of all the darkness, there had been one constant source of light—Gen. He had been her strength, her anchor, and in the chaos of battle, their bond had only deepened.

One evening, a few days after the estate had been cleared of the wreckage, Gen had asked Monica to meet him in the Marino Gardens. The flowers, though slightly damaged, still bloomed in vibrant colors, and the scent of roses filled the air as Monica walked through the winding paths, her thoughts drifting back to everything they had been through.

As she reached the center of the garden, she found Gen standing by the fountain, his face illuminated by the soft glow of the setting sun. He smiled when he saw her, his hands clasped behind his back, a mixture of nervousness and excitement in his eyes.

"Gen," Monica greeted him with a soft smile, her heart fluttering in her chest. "What's this about?"

Gen took a deep breath, his usual calm demeanor giving way to a vulnerability Monica rarely saw in him. He stepped forward, taking her hands in his. "I've been thinking about a lot of things," he began, his voice steady but full of emotion. "Everything we've been through... everything we've faced together. It made me realize something."

Monica's eyes searched his, feeling the weight of his words. "What is it?"

Gen smiled softly, his thumb gently brushing the back of her hand. "It made me realize that I don't want to face anything without you by my side."

Monica's breath caught in her throat as her heart began to race. She had sensed a shift between them ever since the battle, but hearing it said aloud made her emotions swirl with anticipation.

Gen took a small step back, reaching into his jacket pocket and pulling out a small velvet box. Monica's eyes widened as he opened it, revealing a beautiful, elegant diamond ring that sparkled in the fading light. The moment felt surreal, and tears began to well in her eyes.

"Monica Marino," Gen said, his voice full of love and sincerity, "I don't know what the future holds. There are always going to be new challenges, new battles, but I know one thing for sure—I want to face all of it with you. Will you marry me?"

Monica stared at the ring for a moment, her heart pounding in her chest. She had never expected this moment to come, especially not after everything they had been through. But as she looked into Gen's eyes, filled with love and hope, she knew her answer.

"Yes," she whispered, her voice choked with emotion. "Yes, Gen, I'll marry you."

Gen's face lit up with joy as he slid the ring onto her finger. Monica felt a surge of happiness as she looked down at the ring, realizing that this was more than just a promise of a future together—it was a symbol of everything they had survived, everything they had fought for.

Gen pulled her into his arms, holding her tightly as if he never wanted to let go. Monica rested her head against his chest, listening to the steady rhythm of his heartbeat, feeling the weight of the past weeks finally lift off her shoulders.