The confrontation

The morning sun filtered through the tall windows of the IInnovare Center, casting long shadows across the polished floors. Marie, still processing the previous night's events, arrived early, hoping to clear her mind. As she stepped into the office, she spotted Brian seated at their shared desk. His face lit up with recognition as he saw her.

"Marie!" Brian called out, rising from his seat and striding towards her. He enveloped her in a warm, reassuring hug. "I'm so sorry I wasn't there last night to protect you."

Marie returned the embrace, her tension easing slightly. "It's okay, Brian. I managed to survive the night just fine," she said with a faint smile, trying to lighten the mood. Her gaze drifted to the open door of the president's office. "Hey, why is the office already open?"

"Madam Kyoko and Madam Bianca are having a meeting in the office," Brian explained. "They were looking for you."

Marie's curiosity piqued. She made her way to the president's office, her footsteps echoing softly in the hallway. As she entered, she found Bianca and Kyoko seated on the couch, their expressions serious as they sipped their tea.

"Good morning, ladies," Marie greeted, trying to maintain her composure despite the gravity of the situation.

"Marie, sit down. We need to ask you a few questions," Kyoko said, her tone firm but not unkind.

Marie took a seat in the plush armchair opposite them, feeling the weight of their scrutiny. "Sure, what's up?"

Bianca leaned forward, her eyes fixed on Marie. "We want to know what happened the night that Kanna Almeida took you into her hotel suite."

Marie took a deep breath. "Well, she lent me a dress because mine had wine stains on it. And then Sir Rafael came in to return her wallet."

Bianca and Kyoko exchanged glances. "That's all?" Bianca asked, her eyebrows raised in surprise.

"Yes, that's all," Marie confirmed, a hint of unease in her voice. "Is there something more I should know?"

Jasmine entered the room at that moment, her expression a mix of concern and curiosity. She took a seat across from her sisters, her eyes immediately locking onto Rafael, who had just walked in wearing the same suit from the previous night.

"How was Dad's hunt?" Bianca asked Jasmine as she settled in.

Jasmine sighed. "You better not ask me that question again," she muttered, her tone tinged with frustration. Rafael's presence seemed to intensify the tension in the room.

Kyoko, noticing Rafael's attire, quipped, "Don't you have any plans on taking a bath or changing clothes?"

"The suit is very clean, and so are my sleeves," Rafael replied, brushing off the concern. "It's not like I've been doing anything dirty."

Jasmine raised an eyebrow, clearly skeptical. "So, you didn't go home after the party? I'm assuming you spent the night elsewhere."

Rafael's face reddened slightly, but he quickly defended himself. "No, I did not," he said, clearly uncomfortable with the line of questioning.

"Well, how would you explain Kanna Almeida walking towards my office right now?" Jasmine asked, standing up and walking towards the door. Her eyes narrowed as she recognized Kanna approaching.

The sisters' attention shifted to Kanna as she entered the office. Bianca's voice dripped with sarcasm. "Well, look who decided to grace us with her presence. What brings you here?"

"I'm here to return your brother's wallet," Kanna replied matter-of-factly, her eyes briefly meeting Rafael's. She handed the wallet to him with a smile that seemed both genuine and mischievous.