The declaration of War

The Marino Mansion was usually a place of order amidst the chaos, a sanctuary where the family gathered to plot their moves, prepare for the future, and protect what was theirs. But on this evening, it was anything but peaceful. The atmosphere inside was thick with tension, anxiety simmering under the surface of every conversation.

Monica sat with Rafael, Kanna, and Ryoma in the drawing room, their faces etched with worry as they waited for news. Gen stood by Monica's side, offering silent support as the storm gathered around them. Word had come earlier in the day that something terrible had happened in Bukidnon, at Arjan's farm—one of their most trusted allies, someone who had always stood by the Marino family, no matter the cost.

The clock ticked loudly on the wall, each second dragging on as they awaited the final confirmation of their worst fears. And then, as if the air itself had shifted, Kyoko entered the room, her face pale and her hands shaking slightly as she held a piece of paper, her eyes locked on Rafael.

"It's confirmed," Kyoko said softly, her voice barely a whisper. "Arjan's dead. His farm was hit by an explosion. They found what's left of him in the wreckage."

The silence that followed was deafening. Monica felt her stomach drop, a wave of nausea washing over her. Arjan, a man who had been like family, was gone—murdered in cold blood. And there was no question in her mind who was responsible.

"It was Tai Hun Kwai," Kyoko continued, her voice growing stronger with anger. "The explosion was set deliberately. It's a message."

Rafael stood slowly, his face dark with rage. "A message of war."

Kanna closed her eyes, her expression crumbling with grief. Arjan had been not only an ally but a friend—someone who had been by their side through the worst of times. Monica could see the pain in her mother's eyes, but also the resolve that had started to harden.

Ryoma clenched his fists at his sides, his jaw tight. "That bastard. He's trying to destroy us."

Monica felt frozen in place, her mind spinning as the full weight of what had just happened settled in. Arjan's death wasn't just a tragedy—it was a declaration. Tai Hun Kwai had made the first strike, and now, it was clear that the Marino family was in the crosshairs. But this wasn't just about business or power anymore. This was personal.

As they stood in stunned silence, the sound of footsteps echoed in the hall, and Nozomi, their older sister and now President of the Philippines, entered the room with an aura of quiet authority. Her expression was calm, but the fire in her eyes betrayed the rage she was keeping just beneath the surface.

Nozomi had always been the one to lead in times of crisis, and tonight was no different. She took one look at her family, already knowing the news they had received.

"Tai Hun Kwai is coming for us," she said, her voice steady but filled with fury. "Arjan's death is the first of many strikes he'll make if we don't act now."

Rafael nodded in agreement, his voice low and dangerous. "We can't let him get away with this."

Nozomi's eyes scanned the room, landing on each of her siblings one by one. Katarina, Kyoko, Bianca, Jasmine, Mako, Muro, Marla, Maya, Rina, Kazuki, Takeru, Gaku, Jessica, Natsume, Sahoko, and Rumika—all present, all waiting for their orders.