The other two Marino Siblings

Six months have passed since the Marinos proudly introduced Monica and Kara to the world. Despite their outward display of happiness, beneath the surface, anxiety continues to cast a shadow over the family. Recent events have only added to this unease, leaving the entire clan feeling unsettled and on edge.

Marie, adorned in a sleek black dress, descended the grand staircase of the opulent Marino mansion. Taking her seat on the plush couch, she exuded an air of poised elegance as she awaited the arrival of her father and siblings. Within moments, Karl emerged from the study room accompanied by Sahoko and Kazuki, signaling the start of what promised to be an eventful gathering.

"I know this has been very hard for all of us," Karl explained, gently holding Sahoko's hand, "especially when you are about to get married and she didn't follow the doctor's medication. It's a difficult situation."

"But she was happy," Sahoko consoled herself, "She was truly happy that you were with her during her last days. Travelling with her was very memorable for her and meant a lot."

"Dad, you were true to your word in telling her that you would be with her for the rest of her life," Kazuki added reassuringly

"Now, we're talking about it," Karl murmured in a deep voice, his words tinged with a somber weight. "Your mom must have been happy on the plane with the two of you when she had that heart attack," he mused.

After a few moments, Rafael made his way downstairs and looked at his father with a deep sense of disbelief.

"It's like you didn't lose a wife," Rafael quipped before silently stepping into the vehicle.

--------------

At the cemetery, the entire Marino family gathered in front of Riho's casket to pay their final respects to the departed Marino matriarch. Sahoko stood beside Karl on his right, while Kazuki was on his left. Arjan and Takako stood behind him, supporting one another in this moment of grief.

Karl's eyes filled with a bittersweet joy as he spoke to Sahoko. "She was at her happiest when she saw you get married," he whispered, his voice tinged with longing. "Other than being by my side for all those years."

Takako nodded in agreement, adding softly, "She was so glad that it was Yukito whom Sahoko got ended up to, too bad , she wouldn't be in the wedding."

As they stood behind Riho's oak casket, Karl let out a heavy sigh. "I would be even more grateful if she had followed the doctor's advice," he murmured regretfully. A pang of sorrow gripped him as he watched the cemetery worker prepare to bury Riho next to Riko Marino's grave.

-------

At the opulent Marino mansion, a lively gathering took place as the entire clan came together for a sumptuous lunch. Laughter and chatter filled the air, adding to Karl's contentment as he observed all of his siblings and their children in attendance. Afterward, Karl turned to Arjan, and they headed into the stately study room, accompanied by Rafael and Arra. Meanwhile, Monica couldn't resist her curiosity; she lingered behind the door, intrigued by what was unfolding within.

Tension filled the room as Arra's eyes blazed with contempt, directed at Arjan. "Why is the weedman included in this meeting?" she demanded, her voice carrying a furious edge.

"He is the one who has brought us substantial fortune. Why do you question his presence?" Karl countered, fixing a serious gaze on Arra. "He is like a second father to our children and they trust him."

Rafael, sipping from a glass of whiskey, interjected curiously, "So why exactly are we here?"

"I am taking charge of the attack against Emilio Zenari tonight. I will personally see to it that he meets his end," Karl declared grimly. "The protection of our weed business depends on it."