⁴⁵

you were in your kitchen, baking, when you heard the ring of the doorbell

you were in your kitchen, baking, when you heard the ring of the doorbell. you wiped the flour off your hands on your apron, before walking towards the door.

"hi, dollface"

"you idiot! you had me worrying!" you said, gently punching his arm.

"aww, how sweet of you"

"i would hug you right now if my apron wasn't full of flour"

without wasting another second, he wrapped his arms around you— slightly lifting you off the ground, as he hugged you. you buried your face in the crook of his neck, softly whispering;

"i'm glad you're safe"

he tightened his grip around you, breathing in the smell of your shampoo. he loved being able to hold you in his arms like this.

"oh, i have something to give you!"

he slowly pulled away, before walking out of the door. he came back in with a bouquet of pink tulips in his hands. your eyes widened when they landed on them.

"i wanted to apologize for the other day... i kinda snapped at you, when i shouldn't have. i'm sorry"

"also, i'm sorry for not answering your call earlier" he quickly added.

"oh, keigo... you're so kind"

you took the flowers from his hands, hugging them closer to your chest. you breathed in their scent, your eyes closing for a second.

"i hope you can accept my apology"

"you didn't have to apologize! i should be the one to do that"

he placed a hand on your cheek, softly caressing it.

"can i?" he whispered, as his thumb rubbed your bottom lip.

you nodded, watching him lean closer. he placed his lips on yours, kissing you with so much feeling that you couldn't reciprocate.

hawks knew, but he preferred being in pain, than not having you at all. simce you allowed him to touch you and feel you like this, he couldn't help but appreciate it to the fullest.

"thank you" he said softly against your lips.

you smiled, breaking eye contact with him. you noticed the stain on his shirt, and you immediately tried to dust it off.

"don't bother with it, doll. i'll just wash it"

"i'll wash it for you! go remove it, and leave it in the bathroom"

"you don't—"

"you're in my house, keigo. you must follow my rules"

"yes ma'am"

you went back to the kitchen, placing the tulips in a vase with water. you didn't expect him to bring you flowers over something so minor. you weren't even mad at him in the first place.

when hawks joined you in the kitchen, he pulled out a chair and sat· his eyes locked on you as you shaped your cookies.

the first thing you noticed was the faded marks that you had left on his skin some days ago. the second thing was that he was awfully quiet.

"what's on your mind?"

"you"

"me?"

"if i'm able to help you move on, and make you fall for me... i would love to marry you one day"

"why would you want that?"

"because you're honestly amazing. you're smart, you're beautiful, you're interesting, and you're everything nice!"

"from the first moment i saw you, i knew i wanted to marry you— and i didn't even know your name!"

"keigo..."

"yes, yes... i know"

"you're too kind to me" you said softly.

he looked at you, eyes catching the single tear that rolled down your cheek. he immediately got up and walked towards you; turning your head so you could look at him.

"y/n, if anything happens to me... i just want you to know something"

"i regret nothing, but not being able to show you what you truly deserve"