Twenty-Three

Travis POV 

I don't know why i started crying and i sure as hell didn't know why i couldn't stop. i Wrapped my arms around Taylors waist while my head rested on her lap, she gently rubbed a hand up and down my back in attempt to comfort me but the tears wouldn't stop. Today had been a lot, i didn't know if i was just tired and i needed to sleep or something was really wrong. My emotions had been absolutely all over the place and releasing them felt like a weight had been lifted. 

"Are you in pain?" I hear Taylor ask while placing a kiss on my head. i shake my head, yes i was sore but i was ninety percent sure that wasn't the reason i was crying

"I'm sorry" i mumble into her skin 

"You have nothing to apologize for my love" 

After another minute i eventually sit my head up so i am finally looking at Taylor, she takes her hand and wipes away the small amount of tears that were still running down my face. 

"What's going on in that beautiful mind of yours huh?" Taylor asks 

"I don't know, everything is just overwhelming" I offer and she nods 

"That's okay, sometimes everything becomes a little too much" 

"I didn't mean to break down" i offer feeling a little bad for the scene that just happened 

"We all have our moments baby it's okay" she offers 

"Do you want to go to bed it's late my love" Taylor places a kiss on my head 

I nod my head and she gets up before helping my to my feet and handing me my crutches to get to the bedroom with. We get into my bedroom and i slowly get changed while i wait for Taylor to get out of the bathroom.

I gently place myself in bed and get under the covers just before Taylor walks back into the room and following my actions, getting into bed and pulling the covers over her body. 

"Come here" I say to Taylor as soon as i notice the space that she has left between us

"I don't want to hurt you even more so i thought we could just lay apart tonight" she admits, rolling over so we are face to face 

"Sweet girl you wont hurt me" I offer but she looks at me reluctantly

"Please, i want the comfort you bring me" i tell her 

Taylor smiles a sad smile before shuffling closer, as soon as she is close enough for me to grab her i do. Pulling her as close to my side as i can. 

"Travis you might get hurt" she explains looking up at me 

"I just really need to hold you tonight" i admit. 

"I love you so much, and i am proud of you for admitting something was wrong today, i am always here for you" she offers, placing a kiss on my lips before resting her head against my chest. 

"I love you sweet girl"

Taylor POV

I hated seeing anyone upset i always wanted to help or just take all the bad feelings away from them but seeing Travis break down in my lap tonight was different, it hurt more knowing my love was struggling so much and there was nothing i could do to make any of it better. 

Any other night that we were together i would cuddle up to Travis and hold on to him like he would slip away from me anytime i let go but tonight was different, i was worried so much about hurting him that the only part of me that had any contact with Travis' was my head that rested upon his chest. 

I slowly open my eyes adjusting them to the dim light that was pecking through Travis' window into the bedroom. I move my head to see Travis still peacefully asleep and decide that i would go and make him some breakfast for when he is up. 

After half an hour of preparing and cooking food finally there is an assortment of fruit, eggs, bacon and lastly French toast sitting on a tray that i am currently trying not to drop as i take it back to bed. 

"Good morning sleepy head" I whisper as i open the door to see Travis rubbing his eyes

"Good morning , where were you?" he asks 

I look down at the tray in my hands and let a guggle escape from my lips "I made us breakfast" i say like it's the most obvious thing in the world. 

"Thank you sweet girl  you didn't have to do that"

"I know, but i wanted to" 

i climb back into bed with Travis as we begin to eat our breakfast, we sat in silence genuinely enjoying each other's company knowing that soon we will once again be apart. Once all the food had been eaten from the tray Travis took it and placed it on his bedside table before once again pulling me into his side like he had done the night before. 

"Travis" i giggled out as he grabbed my sides 

"I'm going to hurt you" 

"Taylor i promise you, you will not hurt me" he strictly says 

As much as i have tried to not lean into his touch as much, as soon as he holds me in brings me to a place of calm and comfort that i always find myself longing for when we are apart. So as much as i don't want to, i lean into him wrapping my arms around his torso and lying my head on his shoulder. 

"Sweet girl im so sorry" He admits, breaking the silence we once again found ourselves in. 

"What for?" confusion evident in my voice 

"I hurt myself and we had your tour planned for me to come on stage and i was looking forward to it but now i cant" he explains. The past few days of worrying about Travis the thought of him coming on stage hadn't even crossed my mind. 

"Oh hunny don't worry about that, it's okay we can just do when you are healed" i offer but instead of a response from Travis i am met with silence. I move my head the slightest so i am able to see his face. 

"Really it's okay" I tell him honestly, placing a kiss on his lips afterwards and placing my head back onto his shoulder as i draw patterns on his chest with my fingers.