Twenty- Five

Travis POV

It was the day after i had gone onto to the Eras Tour stage and now Taylor and i were back at my house resting before she leaves to go on tour again. Earlier this morning i had told Taylor that i had to go and do some things and that i would be back in at least two hours so she was sat at home doing who knows what and i was shopping, shopping for a ring. 

I had no doubt in my mind that Taylor is the love of my life, the person i want to grow old with, the woman i want to have children with but i also knew that it was way to early on in the relationship to propose to her, but i was a sucker for romance. Therefore a promise ring sounds perfect. 

After what felt like the whole day i had finally found a ring that i was sure Taylor would love and i was now on my way home. A call popped up onto my phone from Taylor and i quickly answer it 

"Hey sweet girl" 

"Hey, where abouts are you?" she asks

"I am just on my way home now, sorry i got held up and i quickly went to visit Pat and Brittney. Why's that do you need me to get you something?" i respond. Lying wasn't the best answer but it had to do, i needed to have an epic plan on how to surprise her. 

"Oh okay" she answers, her voice different this time.

"You okay princess?" I ask 

"Yep see you soon" she announces before hanging up the call. 

Taylor POV 

Travis had been gone a decent while so naturally i decided to call and ask when he would be back. He explained that he was with Pat and Brittney and he was now on his way home, normally i would believe that but i couldn't this time seeing as i was sat across from the two people he was meant to be with. 

"You okay?" Brittney asks as i hang up the phone on Travis and stand up 

"Uhh umm no i" i start to speak "Sorry i just need a minute" i announce before quickly making my way up the stairs and into Travis' room.

I didn't know what i was doing but i quickly grab my suitcase and start sitting my things inside. Travis had lied. 

The thoughts that were running around my head were not helping the fact that i was shocked that he had already lied. 

Why did he lie? Where was he? Was he keeping a secret? Was he cheating on me? 

Once i had at least enough stuff packed that i could leave once i had seen Travis i go back down stairs to find Pat and Brittney looking confused still sitting on the couch 

"What happened, you look like you have seen a ghost" Brittney come over to me 

In the time that Travis and i had been dating i had gotten closer to his friends, especially Brittney she was now of of the people i talk to the most.

"I just called Trav and he said he was with you two" i honestly state 

"Oh" Brittney says, seeming just as shocked as i am 

"Why'd he lie?" Pat asks now entering the conversation 

"I have no idea" i simply answer 

Moments later Travis walks through his front door and before he can even take his shoes off i am talking 

"It's funny, i wasn't aware people could be in two places at once" I state walking over to Travis 

"Huh?" he asks, not knowing what i am talking about but i quickly move my finger in the direction of Pat and Brittney so he could figure it out. His face drops as soon as he lays eyes on the two knowing that i caught him in a lie.