Chapter Eighty-Six.

Tanya's POV.

Brandon was making dinner while me and Ryan were chilling watching TV.

But then, I popped a question.

"Soo, how are you and Claire? You liked her, right?" I asked.

Ryan leaned back on the couch, a lazy grin on his face. "Yeah, she's pretty cool, I guess."

He shrugged, playing it casual, but I could see the hint of a smile on his lips.

"She's smart, and we get along well." He added, trying to sound nonchalant. "Why do you ask?"

I chuckled, a sly grin on my face.

"Oh, just curious." I said innocently. "You know, you two have been hanging out a lot lately. Are you sure nothing's going on between you guys?"

Ryan rolled his eyes, but the blush on his cheeks betrayed his cool demeanour.

"I wish there was something, but I don't think she likes me." he pouted. "Also, I saw on Instagram that Daniel announced that you two 'broke up'. Cool, na?"

I laughed.

"Yeaaah, we 'broke up'. Oh nooo!" I said dramatically. "Fake dating him was fun, eh. For maybe like a few months, I think."

Ryan chuckled.

"I still can't believe you guys pulled off that whole fake dating thing for so long." He said, shaking his head with a smile. "But hey, it was pretty hilarious."

"The fans must be sad, oof!" I said.

"Oh yeah, the fans." He replied, rolling his eyes. 

"Some of them were so invested in your relationship." He chuckled. "There are still crazy people who think you two are secretly dating or something."

I snickered.

"Oh gosh, some people are really living in their own little delusional world, aren't they?" I said.

"Yeah," Ryan agreed. "You know how fans can be."

"Dinner ready!" Brandon exclaimed.

Ryan and I got up from the couch, our conversation shifting our attention. 

We made our way to the kitchen.

"Finally, I'm starving." I said, my tummy rumbling in anticipation.

We took our seats around the table, the aroma of the food wafting through the air and making our mouths water.

Ryan, who was always hungry, immediately began digging into the food.

I took a bite, savouring the flavours.

"Mmm, this is amazing, Brandon." I complimented, genuinely impressed. "You really know how to cook."

"Of course I do, Jaanu. I'm a desi boy for a reason." He said dramatically.

He looked like girliepops with the pink apron. 

No wonder he was gay. 

Damn.

"No wonder you're the 'desi boy.' You could probably open your own restaurant with cooking skills like this." I teased.

Brandon chuckled, puffing up his chest. "Oh, I know my cooking is top-notch."

Ryan, between bites, added, "Yeah, can I hire you as my personal chef, Brandon?"

Brandon pretended to consider the proposition, tapping his chin thoughtfully.

"Hmm, let me think... Yes, absolutely." He said with exaggerated excitement. "I'll charge only a million dollars per month."